IGNORED

How stupid simple is it to change the windscreen R1200RT?

fourteenfour

fourteenfour

as in, could I do it in the dealers parking lot?

I am getting a Z-technik windscreen for my R1200RT. Figure I will just leave the old one in the box at the dealer till I can get around to picking it up.

Peice of cake. Six Torx T-25 screws I think but check before you leave. Depending on how far you have to go you could just take the old WS off at home, take screws and the parts with you.

as in, could I do it in the dealers parking lot?

I am getting a Z-technik windscreen for my R1200RT. Figure I will just leave the old one in the box at the dealer till I can get around to picking it up.

Easy - 5 Mins.

As long as you have the Torx available.

Tom

They are Torx T20 on my 2005 - and I remember because I'm an HP dealer and they use T15 & T25 all over the place so I had to go find one..............

If you really want to look cool, take your battery powered screw driver with you, with the Torx bit. Makes the job a lot easier.

It took me 30 minutes, and I am the most un-handy person I know.

You will LOVE the Z-Tecknik, it is a fantastic windhield.

CoarsegoldKid

Took me about 5 minutes maybe less to replace my stock screen with a V-stream. Four Torx screws then two more under the black trim piece. It's not a handzee task. No balancing act. Just get'er done.

fourteenfour
Speaking of the Ztechnik screen, can you only order them from/through a dealer?

from what I can tell that is the case, though apparently about any dealer can order them. Mine wasn't listed as an official one but they got it for the same price as the guys across town.

While I'll buy this from them there isn't much chance of buying a trunk from them (don't know how 10% off gets back to 780)

Archived