IGNORED

Autocom Issues

ndfellow

I just pulled out my bike for the first time this year and it was so great to be back in the saddle.

Question, I have an autocom unit and also hook up a MP3 player and cell phone. For some reason I get the engine wine noice and RPM's going up and down in my ears. Any idea's where to search before I start tearing it apart?

I remember it starting to happen at the end of last year but was very noticible today. I have done nothing to the bike yet this year.

Try powering the Autocom unit directly to the bike's battery terminals with shielded wires and keep all wires as far away from the ignition source as possible. If that doesn't do it, you might also consider installing a filter (such as a Newmar PC-10) between the Autocom unit and the bike's battery (power source). Lotsa luck. wave.gif

Yep, I had the same problem - you need a ground loop insolation cable. Either get the Autocomm cable or go to Crutchfield.com and get theirs.

John Bentall
Yep, I had the same problem - you need a ground loop insolation cable. Either get the Autocomm cable or go to Crutchfield.com and get theirs.

This is the correct reply IF your MP3 or cell are bike powered. If they are running off internal batteries there can't be a ground loop problem, and then you have a general cable routing problem that is allowing them to pick up intereference.

Archived