IGNORED

Autocom Nolan helmet installation

nowillieg

I am hoping someone can give me a hand. I am looking for a way to anchor the microphone on a nolan n102helmet. I am new to the modular helmet thing and need some advice. The speakers and wires are fine, just need to secure the microphone.

I hot glued mine into place on the left side just before the jaw bar.

If you need pics, I'll take some tomorrow.

i used the velcro that was with the kit. not saying this is the correct way of doing it but works for me. may seem loose at until you put the padding back in then its pretty snug. this gives me the option of removing the mic whenever I want. will email you a couple of pics makes will be easier to show what i did than try to explain it. pm me your email and ill send the pics.

You're talking about the semi-ridge boom mic, right?

Remove the left cheek pad on the side, then hot glue the flattened end of the boom to the helmet shell. Do the same thing with the lead leaving the helmet, only back a bit further. Remove the neck pad to do it.

With flip ups the boom is always a bit of a pain, getting bumped around when you open and close and such, but I've not come up with a better solution.

grizzly660fan

thanks for starting this post, I have the same helmet and the same project to tackle. I was thinking of doing it tomorrow (saturday). the advice already here is great, looking forward to more info and pictures.

Garry

grizzly660fan

thanks all for the help, pictures, and advice. I tackled two helmets today first the Nolan N102 and second a HJC CL14 (wife's helmet) and it worked pretty good, I haven't tacked it all down yet, but the nolan has lots more room for wires and stuff than the HJC.

I appreciate the help!

Archived