IGNORED

Tank Bags: What's good? What's best?

Theophilus

I cannot imagine that this thread is not already in existence somewhere, but I could not find it in the finite amount of time I had to search for it (+tank +bag didn't seem to turn it up).

So, what is the board wisdom on this issue?

I have two made by SW Motech bought from www.TwistedThrottle.com, one small and one large, which mount to a ring which attaches to the gas cap frame. I put one ring on my RT and the other on my GS which gives me several options for use. They are quick to take off and on, have map pockets on top, and have served me well.

Some riders, friends and myself use RKA, www.rka-luggage.com, and like them. One moves his from the RT to his Triumph, to his Valkerie Tourer with no problems. I still use my BMW airhead tankbag on my RT as I always liked it.

bakerzdosen
I have two made by SW Motech bought from www.TwistedThrottle.com, one small and one large, which mount to a ring which attaches to the gas cap frame. I put one ring on my RT and the other on my GS which gives me several options for use. They are quick to take off and on, have map pockets on top, and have served me well.
+1 except I don't have two bikes...

You don't need 2 bikes, just to want to have the choice of large or small tank bags, and ease of switching them.

I have the Touratech bag on my tank. The small pockets on the side are useless, however the larger map case and the ability to travel with just the map case are very good.

Cheers

http://www.bigmakaccess.com/

Nuff said wave.gif

You can try the others or start with the best thumbsup.gif

The Big Mak is indeed attractive to me, but their website is...um, not all that. So I have some additional questions:

1. Any guidance on chosing one of the many sizes of Big Maks?

2. Does it require an additional rainbag, or is it already waterproof?

3. Does it already have a transparent map top, or do you have to purchase that as an add-on item?

4. Any recommendations for particularly useful add-ons?

Thanks!

So I have some additional questions:

Depends what you want to carry...

Needs cover, a plastic grocery store bag works fine

3. Does it already have a transparent map top, or do you have to purchase that as an add-on item?

Not included, need to purchase

A smaller external pouch for glasses/change/ipod/door opener perhaps?

Thanks!

http://www.bigmakaccess.com/

Nuff said wave.gif

You can try the others or start with the best thumbsup.gif

The Big Mak is indeed attractive to me, but their website is...um, not all that. So I have some additional questions:

Thanks!

You can check them out at CycleGadgets too: http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/BigMak/?Item=BMA

Thanks, Jeff.

A. I am not sure what I am going to carry; looking for guidance on that, too confused.gif. My primary consideration on size is I don't want it to be in the way or annoying. Other than that, I guess I would like it to be as large as possible.

B. I would also appreciate it if anyone can tell me what size Torx screwdriver I need to pull those tank screws. I have two Torx drivers, and neither of them are the correct size. frown.gif

Archived