IGNORED

Marc Parnes R12RT adapter

russg

Ok, just got my Marc Parnes balancer (BG12). Does anyone have a picture of this setup on the rear wheel? I suppose it will all make sense when I take the rear wheel off.

The adapter has four holes in the face and one through the side. It has two screws and four plastic adapters. I gather that the two 1/2" spacers are for the RT and it seems I should use the inner screw holes. Should there be a screw for the side to lock this adapter to the shaft?

A picture would be great if someone has one.

Thanks in advance.

Russ-slide the adaptor in from the drive side. See how the flange fits into the wheel? Slide a plastic spacer onto the thumb screw and screw it into the base of the adaptor from the non drive side. The plactic spacers should just catch the lip of the wheel.

Sorry, no picture.

Russ-slide the adaptor in from the drive side. See how the flange fits into the wheel? Slide a plastic spacer onto the thumb screw and screw it into the base of the adaptor from the non drive side. The plactic spacers should just catch the lip of the wheel.

Sorry, no picture.

I did notice the adapter would fit into the wheel center. I suppose I just can't picture how the one standard cone and the adapter holds the wheel. I figure when I remove the wheel I'll be able to make more sense of setup.

Thanks!

Hi Russ,

Please take a look at the instructions. I emailed you a link to them when I shipped the balancer. Here is the Link again.

Basically, slide the adapter through the wheel from the drive side. You find two pairs of threaded holes on the face of the adapter. Please use which ever pair are closest to the edge of the hole in your wheel. Slide the short spacers on to the thumb screws. Screw the thrumb screws into the adapter. The edge of the plastic spacer will press against the edge of your wheel holding the adapter in place. Once you give it a try you'll see how simple it is. Its harder to explain then do wink.gif

The threaded hole in the side is used when the adapter is used along with one universal cone to support the front wheel in the less expensive BG13 kit. Your BG12 kit came with two universal cones for the front wheel so you won't be utilizing the threaded side hole.

Marc,

I didn't know you were a member here. I didn't want to bug you with e-mail so I figured I'd ask if anyone had a picture.

The instructions and your explanation here have cleared things up for me. I was fairly sure it would all make sense when I get around to using it.

By the way, the setup is top quality work. I'm sure it will give me a long service.

Thanks again!

Archived