IGNORED

Paint and Plastic Care

tomrinbellingham

Here's what I do:

For the windscreen: soak bugs with water first, then rinse away. Follow with soft cloth dry and Plexus to polish.

For the paint and tupperware: wash with water (no pressure washer), towel dry. Honda Spray Polish and Cleaner to shine. Good automotive paste wax a couple times per year rather than the Honda stuff, which incidentally, is no longer available in California bncry.gif

I've been using a product now marketed under the Honda Label, called Honda GLARE Polish. It's by a very large margin the best thing I've ever used.

Another of my hobbies is restoration of late 19th/early 20th Century electric fans. They're usually disgustingly dirty and oxidized. I used to use a three step process for bringing the original paint back. The GLARE does it in one step, and does it a lot better. You can put it on anything, chrome, plastic, paint, without fear. I tried it on my Goldwing's windshield, but wasn't impressed; Plexus is a better solution for windshields. It literally brings back paint from the dead, and keeps it looking better, longer, than anything I've ever used.

Most Honda shops will likely give you a blank stare when you ask for GLARE. If you can't find it, try Honda Directline's online store.

It's expensive, but a bottle will last forever, unless you decide to use it on your fleet of Hummers.

I've been using a product now marketed under the Honda Label, called Honda GLARE Polish. It's by a very large margin the best thing I've ever used.

Another of my hobbies is restoration of late 19th/early 20th Century electric fans. They're usually disgustingly dirty and oxidized. I used to use a three step process for bringing the original paint back. The GLARE does it in one step, and does it a lot better. You can put it on anything, chrome, plastic, paint, without fear. I tried it on my Goldwing's windshield, but wasn't impressed; Plexus is a better solution for windshields. It literally brings back paint from the dead, and keeps it looking better, longer, than anything I've ever used.

Most Honda shops will likely give you a blank stare when you ask for GLARE. If you can't find it, try Honda Directline's online store.

It's expensive, but a bottle will last forever, unless you decide to use it on your fleet of Hummers.

You mean this?

http://www.autopolish.net/catalog.asp

Read a review here:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/glare-polish/glare-polish.htm

glare huh. and i just took delivery on a case of honda spray wax. i will try glare.

+1 for Glare. I have been using Glare for the last 2 years and it is amazing. I use it on my two autos and of course the bike. It does well on most all surfaces but I leave glass to rainx and bike screen to plexus. You can order Glare direct but I've found it is cheaper through Honda. It isn't the easiest stuff to use but it outlasts anything else I've tried by so much it easily makes up for the time.

Archived