IGNORED

Which fuse powers the heated grips?

JByerly

My 2000 rt's heated grips quit today. I do not have the manual with me but thought I would check the fuse during lunch. Can anyone tell me which fuse. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jerry

Hey, the fuse for the grips on our '02 RT blew as well. This happened once before over a year ago and I just replaced the 4A fuse and kept riding. This time when it happened I asked the dealer about it and he didn't want to replace the fuse before checking everything out, which will require the bike sitting in the shop for at least a day and of course $$$.

Are there any easy things that I can check before doing this? Do fuses wear out? This time around I only have 5amp fuses; am I risking anything by using this for a while?

Russ

Hey, the fuse for the grips on our '02 RT blew as well. This happened once before over a year ago and I just replaced the 4A fuse and kept riding. This time when it happened I asked the dealer about it and he didn't want to replace the fuse before checking everything out, which will require the bike sitting in the shop for at least a day and of course $$$.

Are there any easy things that I can check before doing this? Do fuses wear out? This time around I only have 5amp fuses; am I risking anything by using this for a while?

Russ

If a new fuse doesn't blow immediately when you install it, you'll spend a lot of time (and $$) trying to find the intermittent. No fuses don't wear out in the literal sense. If it only does it once in a great while, personally I'd carry a spare and live with it.

Archived