IGNORED

Added a power socket/plug to the rear...

loujack

I just added a powerlet to the rear of my '05 RT. I checked out an online dealer (who has a parts fiche) and was able to order a BMW plug. A few hexbolts and a phillips head screwdriver later, I added the plug, and connected it to the source that was just sitting in the rear storage area waiting to be plugged in.

Tested with my heated vest - and eureka! Rear power. Now when the wife or daughter get cold - they can throw on a vest. Beauty.

I just added a powerlet to the rear of my '05 RT. I checked out an online dealer (who has a parts fiche) and was able to order a BMW plug. A few hexbolts and a phillips head screwdriver later, I added the plug, and connected it to the source that was just sitting in the rear storage area waiting to be plugged in.

Tested with my heated vest - and eureka! Rear power. Now when the wife or daughter get cold - they can throw on a vest. Beauty.

Yep.. added mine right after I brought it home. I added 2 to the GS as well. Very handy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hectorr: The rear accessory outlet was an option on the '05. I had the standard outlet in the front (left) but didn't have one on the rear before adding one myself.

Two on the back of the GS??/

No.. two to the front. One on each side of the forward fairing trim. One is connected to the can-bus and the other direct to the battery with a 30A fuse.

The pic below is the battery-direct one. I put the second one on the opposite side, same general location.

powerlet1.jpg

Archived