IGNORED

Gleno - another perspective

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

First, let me write that I didn’t know Glen. I knew of him; met him in at Gunnison and then again at his home for a very brief visit as he was waiting for the insurance company to pick up the wadded GSXR.

gmac.jpg

In January of 2004, Glen did one of our surveys and this is some of the output. None of this will surprise those of you who knew him well; and none of this speaks to the whole person you knew and loved. This describes the hard-wiring but Glen provided the software (intelligence, wit, humor, love, etc.) to be the person he was.

People like Glen are considered prime movers - change agents. They venture into their respective worlds self-assured and self-confident. They are never satisfied with the status quo and always work to re-shape the world to their ideas - even when those around them don't agree; and, sometimes because they know others won't agree. wink.gif

When you invite them into your business, it’s best to give them the freedom to take control and change it. I’m sure his friends found that when they invited him into their lives, he changed them, too. There’s no doubt he changed bmwst.com and became a large part of its persona even if he wasn’t a moderator. Is there an event in which he participated that doesn't bear his fingerprints today?

Leaving things alone doesn’t suit a person like Glen very well if at all. His behaviors are very strongly expressed and his needs are very strongly felt; and, as with us all, our strengths sometime become our weaknesses when misapplied.

First and foremost, people like Glen demand and bestow loyalty.

Some characteristics found in people like Glen:

• Intensely proactivity and aggressive in driving to reach his goals. Actively and boldly challenges the world and others'
  • Strongly independent in putting forth his own ideas, which are innovative and original, and if implemented, will change the organization. Resourceful and forceful in overcoming obstacles, he vigorously and directly attacks problems; fights back hard when challenged.
  • Incredibly strong sense of urgency; he's in nearly constant motion, putting pressure on himself and others for immediate results.
  • Proactively connects quickly to others; he's open and sharing of himself. Builds and leverages relationships
  • Comfortably fluent and fast talk, in volume. He enthusiastically persuades and motivates others by considering their point of view and adjusting his delivery.
  • Collaborative; usually works with and through others. Intuitive understanding of team cohesion, dynamics, and interpersonal relations.
  • An intense, driving, results-oriented self-starter whose sense of urgency is tempered and disciplined by his concern for the accuracy and quality of his work.
  • He holds himself and those he works with to exacting, ever-increasing, goals.
  • He can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them.
  • Purposeful, driven to get things done quickly, accurately, and involving the necessary people.
  • He responds positively and actively to challenge and pressure, and has confidence in his ability to handle problems and people.
  • An outgoing, poised person, direct and a little more authoritative than persuasive in style, while being firm, direct, and self-assured when dealing with others.
  • Speaks briskly, with confidence and conviction, particularly about matters in which he has experience.
  • He is able to learn quickly, thoroughly, and in detail.
  • Competitive and sure of himself, Glen sets high standards for himself and others.

In short, if I had to choose a person I'd want with me when the going gets tough, it would be this person.

I wish I'd known him better, but I don't know that I'd be able to handle the intensity. grin.gif

Archived