IGNORED

Installing passenger foot peg lowering kit

Jimmy2Time

I found this used passenger foot peg lowering kit online and they didn't come with any instructions. They appear to be similar to these from A&S.

If you have a set of these, can you tell me how they should go on or send me a photo or two to help me out. You can sent the photos here jimmyjunk99@hotmail.com if you like or post a follow up.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It's pretty straight forward. The pin holding the footpeg to the side foot rest plate has a C-clip on the bottom. Remove it. The rubber on the peg itself pushes against the mount creating a friction that holds the foot peg in its up postion, push that back a bit to relieve the tension and the pin will slip right up and out.

Install the pegs on the extensions with the same hardware that held them on the side foot plate, then install the new ass'y on the side foot plate with the provided new pin and cotter pin.

If you still need pics let me know but they are pretty straightforward. The should have come with a pin and clip that attaches them to the bike, then you just use the stock peg's pin and clip to put the pegs on the new bracket.

They don't fold up, but my wife really likes them. Knees bothered her until we put these on, no complaints since.

If you still need pics let me know but they are pretty straightforward. The should have come with a pin and clip that attaches them to the bike, then you just use the stock peg's pin and clip to put the pegs on the new bracket.

They don't fold up, but my wife really likes them. Knees bothered her until we put these on, no complaints since.

If you wouldn't mind sending them to me, that would be great. Thank you.

Side comment - I've never understood why the suburban machine extensions are designed with the spring to hold them down, when the original peg mounts are designed to be able to hold the pillion pegs up, folded away. When I installed them I left the spring out and used a allen-head bolt with a nylon locking nut, tightened with just enough tension for them to fold up and stay up when I wanted them tucked away.

Just a thought/suggestion/idea...

I think I see the problem, rather I can see why I'm so confused. Mine appear to be missing the springs, thus I was confused with how they should be installed and function.

Do you think I can get some springs someplace to make it work like normal? I wonder if the local hardware store sells stainless steel springs. Hmmm...

Anyway, thank you for showing me a picture. It did help. I believe there a saying about 1 picture = 1,000 words...

smirk.gif

As mentioned, I usually install them with out the springs so they will still fold up.

I would think I still have some of those springs somewhere. I'll dig around and if I come up with them I'll let you know.

Archived