IGNORED

Works Shocks !!!

jrlunsford

I have a new set of Work Shocks on my K12RS but it doesn't have that little knob looking thing that you can adjust and I was wondering does it supposed to have one and can you tell me what their webb site is ? I've just recently purchased the bike and the gentleman had just had these installed. dopeslap.gif

When you do a Google search for "works shocks", the very first item that comes up is the Works website. Well, THAT was hard, wasn't it! grin.gif

It is: http://www.worksperformance.com/

For what it's worth, I have a Works rear shock on my bike, and it is extremely poorly made. Plating is so thin that the thing started rusting after 6 months. Springs do not fit well into the adjuster cup. Not only that, but when I bought it from Works, it arrived leaking oil (porous weld). To get it fixed under warranty, I had to pay for shipping it back to them. On a brand new shock that was not a week old, they had to replace the entire shock body, one of the springs, and some other parts.

I will not be buying another Works shock, I can tell you that!

russell_bynum
I have a new set of Work Shocks on my K12RS but it doesn't have that little knob looking thing that you can adjust and I was wondering does it supposed to have one and can you tell me what their webb site is ? I've just recently purchased the bike and the gentleman had just had these installed. dopeslap.gif

Works has several different models. Some have the remote preload adjuster just like the stock shock. Some have preload collars that you adjust with a special shock wrench. Some have the preload collar plus an indexed cup that is part of their ARS dual spring setup...you rotate the cup to one of three positions to set the bike for Solo, 2-up, 2-up with luggage, etc.

If you give Works a call, they should be able to help you ID what you've got and how to adjust it.

FWIW, I had Works shocks (the rear had ARS) on my RT and had zero problems. Build quality was very good, and customer service when I needed rebuilds was also very good.

FWIW, I had Works shocks (the rear had ARS) on my RT and had zero problems. Build quality was very good, and customer service when I needed rebuilds was also very good.
+1

Works has a few different product lines (some apparently better than others) but the product intended for the BMW oilheads is very well constructed, and the ARS feature (if it's available for your model) is quite clever and effective.

Archived