IGNORED

***** GLENO - IN MEMORIUM *****

Blake

After the thread quiets down, we can get the images uploaded to this server so that the links won't die and then just put the thread somewhere like "Ride Tales That Last." I doubt very much these threads will be going away.

--sam

russell_bynum
On a slightly different but related subject, I'd somehow like to keep a copy of this thread with all the pix to remember my friend - OUR friend. How would be the best way to do that? TIA

Most browsers will let you "save as" or "Save page". Typically, that saves the HTML page and all the associated images in a directory. Make sure you're viewing 'ALL' pages so you get the whole thing.

I would imagine you could then open it in word and save it as a .doc, or save it as an acrobat file if you've got acrobat writer.

Joe Frickin' Friday
On a slightly different but related subject, I'd somehow like to keep a copy of this thread with all the pix to remember my friend - OUR friend. How would be the best way to do that? TIA

Most browsers will let you "save as" or "Save page". Typically, that saves the HTML page and all the associated images in a directory. Make sure you're viewing 'ALL' pages so you get the whole thing.

I would imagine you could then open it in word and save it as a .doc, or save it as an acrobat file if you've got acrobat writer.

I've got the full-blown Acrobat; I can do a flat/view-all format of the page, and create a PDF from it.

We need to remember that threads in Other Topics automagically expire after 90 days of inactivity.

sgendler said Lisa, I actually have a complete copy of Gleno's ipod from maybe a year ago.

Sam, if your backup included the "My Top Rated" and "Top 25 Most Played" folders, we could probably come close to picking tunes that Gleno would be rockin' to ...

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

sgendler said Lisa, I actually have a complete copy of Gleno's ipod from maybe a year ago.

Sam, if your backup included the "My Top Rated" and "Top 25 Most Played" folders, we could probably come close to picking tunes that Gleno would be rockin' to ...

Unfortunately, I just grabbed tracks, not playlists. I'm not sure if the meta data about playcount and last played date is included in the tracks. I'll check it out.

--sam

russell_bynum

I've got the full-blown Acrobat; I can do a flat/view-all format of the page, and create a PDF from it.

We need to remember that threads in Other Topics automagically expire after 90 days of inactivity.

Not these. I set all the Gleno memorial threads to never expire. We've got as long as we need to get these into a preservable format.

russell_bynum
Lisa, I actually have a complete copy of Gleno's ipod from maybe a year ago. We were messing around with it, and he didn't want to lose his tracks, so I backed it up.

I'll have it in BC this weekend.

We'll bring an external drive to save the songs to.

As promised, here are my pictures. They were taken on film and then scanned by a lab who never calibrated their equipment so they're pretty low quality. frown.gif Since I've got my own film scanner I really should get around to scanning them myself.

Anyway, these were from our honeymoon trip to Unrally I:

Our first glimpse of Gleno:

20020720-33.jpg

The Man, The Myth:

20020720-36.jpg

Gleno with Spike (left) giving David Baker a big hug:

20020721-00.jpg

At the campground chatting:

20020721-05.jpg

With Spike (left), and hANNABONE (right)

20020725-20.jpg

More chatting:

20020725-21.jpg

We couldn't attend the service, but we're holding our own vigil for Gleno today at home:

128987246-M.jpg

We included a Team Schnauzer mascot not just for ID, but because of a fond memory. In a post above, I mentioned that Gleno passed the Team Schnauzer Tour Bus on the road between Pahrump and Death Valley last year, pulling even with the driver's window for long enough to wave and give us a thumbsup.gif. As he did, he noticed the Schnauzers on the dash board of the Bus. The funny thing was, he thought the biggest one (not pictured above) was the real deal. Nobody thought it was funnier than Gleno did when we told him "Fritz" was a plush toy. grin.gif

Farewell, Gleno.

Our hearts are also in Boulder City today. What a sight it must be in that town right now. I've saved my first and most favorite photo for posting, taken with Gleno during Christmas 2001 during the infamous Party at Paperbutt's. Man did he cook up some stormin' ribs that day. Here's to ya, G-Mac. I know you're sure smiling down on us today.

128650052-M.jpg

Archived