IGNORED

Battery Replacement for 02 1150RT

ronest

Hello:

Do I need to remove both body panels to replace the battery or can I do this by removing the left panel only? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

RD

Left panel, air filter cover, air intake snorkel, remove strap, remove ground connection, slide battery out until you can remove positive connection. Reverse to install.

I put a garbage can upside down next to the bike to support the battery while I work on disconnecting it. Any kind of platform would help unless you have three arms.

Good info guys.......We're going to replace the battery in Kathy's 1150 and was wondering about the method...

Thanks.

Phil.......Redbrick

Left panel, air filter cover, air intake snorkel, remove strap, remove ground connection, slide battery out until you can remove positive connection. Reverse to install.

Am I correct in guessing that this procedure would also apply to installing a battery tender pigtail? My battery is fine, but I just bought a battery tender and have to install the quick disconnect.

Much obliged for any answer back.

Don't you have a BMW plug which you can charge the battery with in the accessory plugs?

I suppose I could've done that - but really had no idea where to get the plug-adapter. I installed the battery tender pigtail yesterday - so it's all set. I guess I feel better about the charger going directly to the battery and not through any accessory circuitry. Not sure if that's warranted or not, though.

Thanks, Davis for the info. It made it an easy job - except for the clip on the front end of the black side cover I busted while taking it off bncry.gif. But at least it busted in a way that the slot still engages and the two bottom tabs and the locking/twisty/thingy still hold it firmly in place.

Thanks again for the help. My battery tells me it feels much better now. grin.gif

Archived