IGNORED

any comments on BMW's winter gloves

majordad

I am beginning to piece together an outfit to withstanding 20-30 degree weather yet my gloves aren't totally protecting the backs/knuckles of hands over the long haul. I looked at BMW's winter glove and wanted opinions from those who have and use them.

I have the ones with the phase change material from BMW, I think it is called "comfort" or something like that. I think I paid about $100 for the pair.

They are the best winter gloves I have ever had when combined with heated grips. The grips sort of charge the material and then it releases the heat, it really works. On my RS which has less wind protection than an RT they are good down to the upper 30's or so.

I bought mine in the fall of '05 and have been very happy with them. The coldest day was about 200 miles in the teens and my hands stayed warm. That was with heated grips and the protection of my RT. The cut of the gloves is much more comfortable than some Held gloves I tried. If you are trying various heavy gloves give consideration to how much effort it requires just to hold onto the hand grips.

I bought the 'pro winter gloves' this fall. They're great. Nice cozy liner, and they work well with heated grips (More insulation on the outside than the palm) Somehow they feel much less bulky than my last pair of (cheaper) winter gloves, even though they're physically bigger. The strap works well.

My hands were comfortable in DV this month, if that tells you anything smile.gif I'd rate them usable to high 20s (with grips on). Without grips, high 30s or even low 40s. Note this is on an RS with hands out in the windstream.

I wanted to avoid the hassles of wiring, hookup time, etc. for something I could slip on and go. also I ride during the winter yet not long enough to warrant heated gloves. If my trips in the winter were like they are in summers then I'd buy them. I have looked and tried them on and will buy them if my winter trips lengthen.

I wanted to avoid the hassles of wiring, hookup time, etc. for something I could slip on and go. also I ride during the winter yet not long enough to warrant heated gloves. If my trips in the winter were like they are in summers then I'd buy them. I have looked and tried them on and will buy them if my winter trips lengthen.

If you had electrics your trips in winter WOULD be like those in summer.

I ride about 1800 miles a month in winter, and 2400 a month in summer, and I live 200 miles North of you!

Jim cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the winter pro gloves today and hope to use them tomorrow in supposedly 19 degree weather. I think I am going to like these gloves.

On my way home from my reserve drill I drove my car with my gloved hand out the window in 32 degree weather and didn't get cold knuckles. Tomorrow I may feel different. Not sure if I'll ride my bike tomorrow.

Archived