IGNORED

Satisfying my internet habit! (aka Treo 700p vs BlackBerry 8703e)

KMG_365

...and the code is stable ...

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

+1 lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

BTW I was just in Verizon this afternoon researching the different options and the Sales guy informed me that Verizon is dropping their analog network and going strictly digital within the year...He said that buying a Tri-mode phone at this time is a waste of effort and money. Wonder what that will do to the 911 availability?? confused.gif

Only real difference is I can only read documents - can't edit them. No big deal for me since I left the "corporate" world. Simple e-mails, basic interent access, occasional laptop tethering, address book (wirelessly synched with the laptop) and a phone that WORKS. Made me happy.

Glad to hear you're happy with the Q! There have been a couple software updates for the VZW models that fixed a few things here and there.

Also DataVis just released documents to go for the Q. I've tinkered with it a little bit so far, and seems pretty good.

As far as Sprint vs VZW, the roaming agreements have made voice coverage about equal, but data is still an issue. Both my Sprint phone(s) and Verizon Q won't do data if roaming on another network.

BTW, the "patch" for your Treo isn't quite legit. The gist of it being that phone as modem use tends to eat up quite a bit more bandwidth. When you get into smartphones and PDAs it's tough to plug all the holes, but that's not to say they aren't trying!

russell_bynum

In fact, I try to avoid most all "W's" as they seem to cause nothing but trouble and I like to think that the world might be a better place without them! wink.gif

Just out of idle curiosity...did you ever actually look at any of the Windows Mobile phones, or are you just bashing for bashing's sake?

I've been playing with a 700W and a 700P this week, and IMO, the W version is far superior in pretty much every way: features, UI, stability, etc.

I still like Blackberry better for what I need to do, but if I had to choose between W and P, the Palm wouldn't even get a second look.

I'm glad you're happy with what you've got...that's what is most important anyway, but unless you objectively reviewed all of the legitimate choices, you're just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Earlier versions of WM were pretty bad. I've had some VERY bad WM devices.

Having said that, the Q (WM5.0 Smartphone) and even the alphas of Crossbow I've used are rock stable.

russell_bynum
Earlier versions of WM were pretty bad. I've had some VERY bad WM devices.

Having said that, the Q (WM5.0 Smartphone) and even the alphas of Crossbow I've used are rock stable.

Right. That mirrors my experience. I haven't messed with crossbow yet, but I've heard good things.

I had some fairly big stability issues with WM5.0 when we were evaluating encryption/policy management software like Credant and Good, but that's those apps, not Windows Mobile.

For corporate use, Blackberry is still the easy choice because all of that policy management stuff is already there and works far better than it does in Windows Mobile (Haven't looked into any of that for PalmOS, so I can't compare.)

For the Joe Blow home user, those features don't matter, though, so the decision gets a good bit more interesting.

My point wasn't to try to sell Windows Mobile vs. anything else...I'm just trying to dispense with uninformed bashing so people can make intelligent decisions.

Archived