IGNORED

Almost bit it today.

motorman587

Scared myself more than anything. Real quick, left hander, setting up on the outside, started to lean into the inside, when I started to feel something funny. I do not know how to describe it. Loose, maybe?, but something was not the same. I thought forsure I was going down and straighten it up in the curve and got on the brakes, just missed the edge, but by then had slow way down. I could then see what cause all this. It looks as some sort of spill, oil, but there was a ton of "cat litter", which caused me to start siiding out. My point, becareful out there. I think I left something in my shorts. blush.gif I also believe the ton of praticing braking in curve helped me too.

Glad you didn't end up like dnyman.

It amazes me what the DOT will put down on the road. Sometimes I think they forget motorcycles are on the road.

BTW - throw those shorts out before the wife sees them.

ShovelStrokeEd

Thank your lucky stars for your training and experience. It is most certainly what saved you. Give the twins and extra hug each. thumbsup.gif

I would guess it would depend how much saddle time you had. I think it does and pretty sure some others would say the same.

Forgot got on the radio and asked for the County DOT to clean that stuff up. Ok for cars, scarey for scooters.

Glad to hear your training and skills kicked in and kept you from losing it.

I wish we all had the authority to get the DOT to respond when we see a hazard for two wheelers.

I do not know if they came out all I know is if there was a serious crash I can say, "I called County DOT". I pretty sure they came out because I told the dispatcher "I almost bit it in the corner".

ShovelStrokeEd

Ah, but you do have the authority, or at least the ability to report the hazard. Like any other government agency, they will go about doing their job at whatever level they deem appropriate. They won't fix what they don't know about.

I also believe the ton of praticing braking in curve helped me too.

It is amazing how this simple act can help in an emergency. Kudos! clap.gif Glad you are ok. thumbsup.gif

Archived