IGNORED

garmin gps

beagle

AdventurePoser

I decided to buy the Garmin 2720. It is a very nice unit that does not have the XM integrated inside. For me, it'll be a great unit. And, the prices keep dropping...

STeve

I bought the Zumo 550 and I am very happy with it so far. It comes with a cradle for your bike and one for the cage. It is not perfect, it has it's compromises. You can read about them at www.razorbiker.com/zumo, an excellent forum for Zumo users. Giving Garmin their credit, they have committed to fixing two of the most bitched about complaints with software updates (altitude readout, and recalculation). It also has a little brother, the 450, that you can check out.

Following are some screen prints.

331mph.JPG

533_mph_tmb.JPG

I don't mean to question what you ride but from the looks of your screen shots your bike has 4 wheels! By the looks of how jacked up it is, am I correct to assume it is a modified GS? lmao.giflmao.gif

When and how does GARMIN plan on upgrading software for the altitude readout and recalculation? Am assuming it will be backfitted to us old time ZUMO owners, right?

I am looking for a gps that can be used on both my bike, and my car. text to speech is important to me, xm is not. any recommendations?

Here's a pretty good deal on a 2610: Factory refurb with new warranty--$275!

Edge GPS

Noticed one other thing in the cage with the ZUMO. Can you still "drag" the screen like on the 2610? didn't seem to do it like on my old 2610. I could move the map display E/N/W/S with my finger on the display. couldn't get that to work on the ZUMO. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Noticed one other thing in the cage with the ZUMO. Can you still "drag" the screen like on the 2610? didn't seem to do it like on my old 2610. I could move the map display E/N/W/S with my finger on the display. couldn't get that to work on the ZUMO. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

The only screen dragging I can do is not on the main map display. When you have a route programmed the directions are on the top of the screen. Touching the instruction line brings up the text instructions. On the bottom of that screen is an opportunity to "view map". The map that comes up will be your entire route, not the driving map. This map can be dragged around. This map also has time and distance information that is not available anywhere else so it is a handy map to view. I am writing this without access to my Zumo, but I think I have it right!

Thanks.

Actually just read the manual on line, and you can also do it on the main menu page by selecting "Browse Map." You can drag there as well, but as you mentioned you can NOT on the main map page.

Thanks!

Archived