IGNORED

Smaller Tank Bag for RT Using the Brackets?

sfarson

The BMW tank bag for the newer RT's is huge. Is there a smaller one made by a 3rd party that would use the same connecting brackets on the RT's fuel tank? Thanks!

I too have been looking for a bag I can fit to the BMW tank mount. Trouble I've had is that most bags dont allow clearance for the handlebars when turned to lock. I also want something with a couple side pockets. If you find something that works, or if someone on the site already knows of one, I'd appreciate a note also. I'll keep tabs on the posts here.

Thanks for allowing me to chime-in with your quest.

The BMW tank bag for the newer RT's is huge. Is there a smaller one made by a 3rd party that would use the same connecting brackets on the RT's fuel tank? Thanks!

I have a Tourtech bag that is smaller than the BMW stock bag......It doesn't mount on the rails but has a very quick mount-dismount feature and quickly flips up for fueling...I like it as it is smaller than the stock 1200RT item.....It's item #055-1154...See it here:

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/bmw.lasso?SubCat=R1200RT

Phil.......Redbrick

I have a Marsee 15L bag that's smaller than the BMW acccessory but still big. I have a Chicane Canyon small tank bag that I really prefer. It's one that I had on my LT and I modified the attachemnts using a couple of straps from REI that I threaded through the holes in the tank-top rails.

Archived