IGNORED

Sattelite Radio Antenna Mount

mrduck

So where do I put the antenna? I have an 04 RT with an RCU shelf-good for the V1 and the reciever. I thought about velcro on to the clutch resevoir but would like to know what any of you have done. And where do I get one of those circuit boards with the fuses and a relay for some aux power?

wave.gif

That fuse panel looks like it might work but I'm no electrican so still looking for one with the relay built in.I would like to come direct from the battery for the power and a relay from a keyed sorce to turn it all on.

The antenna idea looks like that will work. thumbsup.gif

thanks wave.gif

Don,

Any reason you can't mount the antenna on the RCU shelf? I put my Sirius antenna under the black plastic upper part of my dashboard. ( I lifted up the piece of plastic that the windshield supports comes through and double-sticky taped it there. ) Gets signal just fine and is out of sight. However, I suspect your RCU shelf would prevent this.

Though you have a different bike, the concept is the same.

I went with the Centech and added a Radio Shack power relay hooked into the switched accessory socket to control the power to the relay.

I have the Blue Sea but it was too big for use on the ST. I'll save it for the new bike later!

HERE YOU GO

Antenna mounted under right fairing panel, completely out of sight. Reception is fine. thumbsup.gif

Hi all,yes there is room on the shelf but will the windscreen interfere with the signal? If I'm reading this right you guys put the antenna under the front tupperware???I'd love to put stuff outta site if that works!

As far as farkles go(V1, sattelite radio) this is it! thumbsup.gif

Or is this what they all say? lmao.gif

wave.gif

If I'm reading this right you guys put the antenna under the front tupperware???I'd love to put stuff outta site if that works!

Yes, under the black part of the upper dash tupperware. I get good signal all the time through the tupperware and windscreen. So, if there's room on the RCU shelf, it would be a perfect place unless you want to hide it.

Archived