IGNORED

Lee Parks Design

ChrisRappl

I asked for and received a pair of Lee Parks DeerTour gloves for Christmas. I tried them out on a short (20 mile) ride and the fit didn't seem right. Whenever I pulled in the clutch two fingers came in contact with the fingertip seams. I also didn't realize that they were designed with such a minimal gauntlet. I couldn't make it stay over the cuff of my Darien and If I cinched the cuff over the glove I had a draft going up my arms. I have since returned the gloves asking for the next larger size and requesting a credit toward the more expensive DeerSports which appear to have a full size guantlet. They have had them now for a few days and I'm waiting to hear if they are going to deduct a usage charge before crediting them to the new purchase. Anyone have any experience with this company and/or their products? Any thoughts on DeerTour gloves vs DeerSport gloves?

The Deer tours are short cuff not designed to go over anything.

Think of them a motor officer gloves. Worn tight. The seams settle in upon more use to the point you feel nothing. Like a second skin.

I wore these exacxt gloves to Death Valley in COLD conditions.

They did exceedingly well for a non insulated glove. Jacket with liner (Kilimanjaro 4.0) goes over cuff. No up arm draft.

You may find that the Deer Sport a better option for over your jacket.

I have no right to speak for the company as to credits but you should receive the deer sport and will need to pay the difference for the exchange.

Lee is on the road a lot. The company fuctions as the man (Lee) and the factory (in AZ) Since you have sent the gloves back they went to the factory.

If you filled out all the return information correctly you should be fine but if you're worried try calling the man (Lee) for clarification.

I have the deer tours, and the deer sports. Your evaluation is about right, IMO. I think the deer tours would be a fine glove IF they had about "half" the gauntlet length of the deer sports, meaning at least twice as long as the puny ones they have now which are pretty much worthless and get in the way more than they do anything else. As a result, my deer tours are relegated to my "spare glove" inventory that I carry on longer tours.

The deer sports, OTOH, are the best gloves I've ever owned. They fit perfectly, come sort of "pre-curved" so a semi-closed hand. It is important to print out their "sizing chart," make sure it is scaled properly w/ the "quarter" sized circle they include -- and then follow their sizing guidelines exactly.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, my deer sports, and when they finally wear out, I'll be getting another pair.

......I own the tours and the gloves are great! thumbsup.gif

comfort and construction of the glove is why I would purchase them again. I have met Lee and he is a "rider"....and has designed the glove according to our

needs.

Both Thumbs UP!!! clap.gif

Got the Deersports Pci's last year. Very pricey, but they are very warm and comfortable. I can also open my wallet and get out my credit card for gas without taking off the gloves which is very convenient. I hope they never wear out, but if they do, I'll buy another pair.

I ordered the DeerTours and returned them immediately. The cuff was just not long enough. Got the DeerSports and thought the Gauntlet was way to long. Took them to a saddle shop and had the first inch of the Gauntlet cutoff and hemmed. That done, I love them. They take awhile to break in and the seams to soften up but that was a small price to pay for the feel and comfort they now provide.

Just thought I'd write a progress (or lack of progress) report. As posted above, I returned my DeerTours on 1/9/07 after one 20 mile ride. I asked to exchange them towards the next larger size in the DeerSports model in order to get a glove with a usable gauntlet. I sent an e-mail asking for the status of my order/request (no response to date). At this point I have been with out gloves for a couple of weeks and have no idea what's happening, when I might receive the new gloves or even if they will credit my original purchase price towards the more expensive DeerSports. I've read Lee's articles for years and like the idea of dealing with a fellow rider. His company and products came highly recommended, so, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Time will tell.

I sent an e-mail asking for the status of my order/request (no response to date). At this point I have been with out gloves for a couple of weeks and have no idea what's happening, when I might receive the new gloves or even if they will credit my original purchase price towards the more expensive DeerSports.
I ran into a similar situation when I got my Deer Tours last summer. I liked the gloves but about a month in the seam on the right forefinger opened up. I tried to find out if there was warranty coverage or if they had any specs on the thread I should use to resew it. Couldn't get an answer to either question...just a "mail them back and we'll look at them". So I just fixed them myself. I still like them and with my Roadcrafter the short gauntlet isn't an issue as my sleeves zip down snug.

Jim

I stated in a earlier post that Lee travels a lot. He goes to several states as well as the motorcycle trade shows to promote. He's gone a lot.

The "factory" goes with him to help out. So return orders sometimes take a bit of time to get fulfilled.

There is a phone number as I also suggested in my last post. Calls get forwarded to where ever he may be. You may need to call a few times.

I work with Lee and I go through the same routine!

I just bought a pair at the NY MC show and was more than surprised when the young lady working the booth said the medium was a little too big for me that I should try a size small. She showed me a small amount of hyde you can pinch when you close your hand (As though you were holding a handgrip). I put on the smalls and thought she was crazy cause my fingertips hit the end of the glove. She said that was normal and that they'd stretch quite a bit. She had me try on a pair that was broken in and they fit PERFECT! They fit like a second skin and were incredibly comfortable. Haven't ridden with them yet but I'm looking forward to it!

I put on the smalls and thought she was crazy cause my fingertips hit the end of the glove. She said that was normal and that they'd stretch quite a bit. She had me try on a pair that was broken in and they fit PERFECT!

EXACTLY! They should actually be hard to get on.

Once they are on your in "a second skin" as intended.

Steve called yesterday. They are crediting the original cost of the DeerTours towards the DeerSports. He is going the extra mile to make sure that things are right. I should have my new DeerSports sometime next week.

Archived