IGNORED

Newcomb's Ranch ride in 16 degree weather

texasaggie97

Keith, Fernando, and myself decided to ride up to Newcomb's Ranch Sunday. We left at 8:00 am and start our climb up the mountian were we found great twisties and beautiful views and clean cold crisp air. We arrived at Newcomb's Ranch to find warm cup of coffee and great fellowship. Upon arriving at the Newcomb's Ranch Fernando took a look at the temp and is was 16 degrees. Wow, that is the coldest weather I have ever riden in. Thank God for Gerbing and heated grips. I will give Fernando the stud award because he made this ride with out any heated gear. I will give it to the spanish they are tough. Here is the link to the pictures. If any on know how I can post them to this site please let me know how and i will post them right here for all to see. Well have a great week and ride safe.

Link: homepage.mac.com/toddormsby/PhotoAlbum8.html

Only a Beemer group would darn to go up there with temps like that. Even on a warmer day there can be BLACK ICE on some of those shaded turns. dopeslap.gif

Unfortunately I missed out on my regular Sat run up there because of those temps even though I have a Gerbings jacket.

What a great ride albeit a chilly one yesterday morning. There was no ice on the Crest at all as we rode to Newcomb's. Even as we ascended to 7,018 riding towards the tunnels there was hardly any ice on the road at all which surprised me. A very pleasant surprise indeed. Hey, we had to break Todd in right! It would not be right without a little snow and ice up there in the winter. We only saw one LEO up there and he probably thought we were crazy for riding. What a beautiful clear, crisp day in the San Gabriel mountains above Los Angeles.

Only a Beemer group would darn to go up there with temps like that. Even on a warmer day there can be BLACK ICE on some of those shaded turns. dopeslap.gif

Been there, done that!! Came around a turn and it was black and white ice!! Glad you all had a safe trip with no slip and slide.

Honestly it was not that bad with the heated gear. I was really suprised when Fernando told me it was 16 degrees. It did not feel any colder than when we start the ride up the mountian. I will say that my finger tips started getting a little cold that is the only hint I had but still very taken back we could ride with any comfort at this temp. There was no wind and the sun was out so I would have to say that I would do it again as long as we know that roads are clear for the most part. dopeslap.gif

Archived