IGNORED

ztechnik and r1100s

just954rr

has anyone installed the ztechnik exh. on their 1100s?..if so can you tell me the +'s and -'s?...

NOTE:..i hope this hasn't been discussed before....don't want to ruin anyones day...

any info will be helpful..

As with most of the farkles for these bikes some love 'em others are less enthusiastic. There was some discussion a little while back in this thread. I got the impression that the 'Ayes' outweighed the 'Nays'.

Cya, Andy

OOPS - READ THE POST ANDY dopeslap.gif I missed the exhaust bit dopeslap.gif

The oilhead stock system is spot on for making power but sounds, well, like a mouse farting. To get more power the heads need re-working for much money.

After-market exhausts usually sound louder - some describe the sound as hippo farts - and will save a few pounds of weight, albeit from low-down where the effect on the bike is minimal.

Andy thumbsup.gif

A riding buddy has an '02 11S with the Z-technic system on it and he likes it just fine. Has enough sound without being obnoxious. I think you will find that there isn't anything out there that actually increases the power substantially, and several have been proven on the dyno to actually decrease peak HP. BMW seems to have really got the stock system pretty good. If you'd like the extra sound, go ahead.

Frank

It's not about the power. bike has more than enough..for me..(not a racer)..i just dont like the stock sound..sounds like a plugged air hose.....but i dont want to wake the neighbors eaither..anyway i hope the ztechnik is want i want because i already ordered it....thanks for your inputs

Hello: Have recently installed a ZTechnik on my 2003 R1100S. It sounds great. By itself, don't expect much of a performance increase. But if you can afford a Techlusion or PCIII, along with a complete San Jose BMW power filter setup, you will get a very noticeable increase. At low RPMs, the ZTechnik isn't much louder than stock.

Ok.. i just installed the new exhaust...and realized now i cant use my centerstand...has anyone been able to engineer a stop for the centerstand?..if so..can you post a pic ?..thanks

Lone_RT_rider
Ok.. i just installed the new exhaust...and realized now i cant use my centerstand...has anyone been able to engineer a stop for the centerstand?..if so..can you post a pic ?..thanks

I often wondered about the centerstand as well when it came to aftermarket exhaust on my R1100S. Not that I have the spare cash for it anyway. You might want to check the pelican board for that. I am sure it has to have been addressed somewhere.

Here is the link for the Pelican site.

Shawn

Archived