IGNORED

Harley's Got One and I'm Jealous . . . It's time for The BMW Creed

Mike

We've gone far too long without a creed. Harley's™ got its own creed , the centerpiece of one of its highly successful marketing campaigns. It's really inspirational, starting with the words "We believe in going our own way," then building to the point where hundreds of H-D™ riders are shown going their "own way" in tight formation™, identically clothed in H-D™ black clothing, and chanting The Creed™ in unison. lmao.gif

In checking out creeds, I see that Harley-Davidson's™ was a takeoff on the Nicene Creed, the statement of Christian faith adopted by the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. Yet, while the Christians have had their Creed for almost 1700 years and Harley-Davidson™ riders have had their Creed™ produced in 16:9 widescreen format with Dolby 5.1™ Surround Sound, we poor BMW riders have had to make do without a Creed for quite some time. May I propose:

We Believe . . . in BMW, the world's foremost purveyor of horizontally-opposed twin-cylinder engines;

We Believe . . . in The Right Cylinder, The Left Cylinder, and The Shaft, the primary components that distinguish our Faith;

We Believe . . . in Kevlar and Cordura, flip-front helmets, and exhaust notes as subtle as a farting nun;

We Believe . . . that exceeding Man's Posted Speed Limit is a right bestowed upon us by The Almighty;

We Believe . . . in coming together, in campgrounds and in discount hotels, and in the Righteousness of Eating Smoked Meat with Tasty Potato Salad;

We Believe . . . that we've got it right and everyone else has it wrong. But, YMMV. thumbsup.gif

Amen.

We've gone far too long without a creed. Harley's got its own creed , the centerpiece of one of its highly successful marketing campaigns. It's really inspirational, starting with the words "We believe in going our own way," then building to the point where hundreds of H-D riders are shown going their "own way" in tight formation, identically clothed in H-D black clothing, and chanting The Creed in unison. lmao.gif

In checking out creeds, I see that Harley-Davidson's was a takeoff on the Nicene Creed, the statement of Christian faith adopted by the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. Yet, while the Christians have had their Creed for almost 1700 years and Harley-Davidson riders have had their Creed produced in 16:9 widescreen format with Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound, we poor BMW riders have had to make do without a Creed for quite some time. May I propose:

We Believe . . . in BMW, the world's foremost purveyor of horizontally-opposed twin-cylinder engines;

We Believe . . . in The Right Cylinder, The Left Cylinder, and The Shaft, the primary components that distinguish our Faith;

We Believe . . . in Kevlar and Cordura, flip-front helmets, and exhaust notes as suble as a farting nun;

We Believe . . . that exceeding Man's Posted Speed Limit is a right bestowed upon us by The Almighty;

We Believe . . . in coming together, in campgrounds and in discount hotels, and in the Righteousness of Eating Smoked Meat with Tasty Potato Salad;

We Believe . . . that we've got it right and everyone else has it wrong. But, YMMV. thumbsup.gif

Amen.

lmao.gif

I'm all over it. Maybe everyone who shows up at the next UN should be required to recite it before getting their welcome package? grin.gifgrin.gif

Aluminum_Butt

the world's foremost purveyor of horizontally-opposed twin-cylinder engines;

For those of us on the dark side, may I suggest an alternate recitation:

We believe in using cylinder heads equipped with really expensive BMW "protectors" on the end as frame sliders.

I'll go get my fire extinguisher now.

grin.gif

I had considered whether there should be some accommodation for the fallen, but figured, "Hey, Rome has pretty much left the Lutherans out of its decision-making, so why include the K-bikes?"

Perhaps . . . one day . . . reconciliation will occur.

Naaaaah. tongue.gif

BMW Motorcycles: We believe in fire and brimstone; Stop and share your flaming final drive with your friends...

But oh so nice to toast marshmallows over a flaming final drive. grin.gif

We believe . . . in obeying the laws of thermodynamics. lmao.gif

We believe . . . E = m*c^2.

OK ok so I stole one of them from Homer Simpson. grin.gif

186,000 miles per second. It's not just a good idea, it's the law (and the only speed limit we all observe, all the time).

We believe 'potato-potato-potato' should be the sound of a hungry biker, not the sound of a bike's exhaust.

We believe..... in consuming tires & gasoline, not chrome polish.

Perhaps,

We believe in 6,000 mile oil changes...and valve adjusts...and throttle body synchronizations?

We believe that this scheduled maintenance should occur every few weeks, not once a year.

We believe in riding a motorcycle capable of taking a curve safely at twice the posted speed.

We believe riding a motorcycle should be like riding a fine thoroughbred steed ......not an overweight .......

A pig has a snout for a nose, small eyes, and a small, curly tail. It has a thick body and short legs. There are four toes on each foot, with the longer, middle toes used for walking.

Pigs are omnivores, which means that they consume both plants and animals. Pigs will scavenge and have been known to eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, tree bark, rotting carcasses, excreta (including their own), garbage, and other pigs. In the wild, they are foraging animals, primarily eating leaves and grasses, roots, fruits and flowers. Occasionally, in captivity, pigs may eat their own young. lmao.gif

... It's really inspirational, starting with the words "We believe in going our own way," then building to the point where hundreds of H-D™ riders are shown going their "own way" in tight formation™, identically clothed in H-D™ black clothing, and chanting The Creed™ in unison. lmao.gif

That's what cracked me up when I saw that one too. thumbsup.gif

We believe in a Higher Power - Her name is CandlePower, and we know the more we can make out bikes emit, the closer we are to True Nirvana.

We believe the true measure of a man is not the six-figure income, but the six-figure Odometer[/i]

tongue.gif

We believe the true measure of a man is not the six-figure income, but the six-figure Odometer[/i] ]

tongue.gif

Ooh, that's good. thumbsup.gif Good enough to warrant The BMW Creed, v. 1.1:

We Believe . . . in Kevlar and Cordura, flip-front helmets, and exhaust notes as subtle as a farting nun;

We Believe . . . that the true measure of a rider is not a six-figure income, but a six-figure odometer

We Believe . . . that we've got it right and everyone else has it wrong. But, YMMV.

Amen.

We've gone far too long without a creed. Harley's™ got its own creed , the centerpiece of one of its highly successful marketing campaigns. It's really inspirational, starting with the words "We believe in going our own way," then building to the point where hundreds of H-D™ riders are shown going their "own way" in tight formation™, identically clothed in H-D™ black clothing, and chanting The Creed™ in unison. lmao.gif

In checking out creeds, I see that Harley-Davidson's™ was a takeoff on the Nicene Creed, the statement of Christian faith adopted by the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. Yet, while the Christians have had their Creed for almost 1700 years and Harley-Davidson™ riders have had their Creed™ produced in 16:9 widescreen format with Dolby 5.1™ Surround Sound, we poor BMW riders have had to make do without a Creed for quite some time. May I propose:

Amen.

I thought we already had a a creed? ? ?

"What Would Marty Hill Do? Just Ride!"

Cheers! thumbsup.gif

I thought we already had a a creed? ? ?

"What Would Marty Hill Do? Just Ride!"

There's a difference between a creed and a diagnosis. wink.gif

We believe ... in riding around and past the "Great Asleep" in their metal cages, and find no wisdom in startling them awake with loud pipes.

What's really sad is that unlike the fun everyone is having in this thread joking around the HD clip wasn't meant to be comical, but serious. crazy.gif

I guess my gray riding jacket shows just a little dirt... and weakness...

We believe in planing our rides based on the GPS coordinates

of where we are going to eat.

We believe in stylish riding wear tht has lots of electrical cords to plug in

grin.gif

I can't believe it's just me, so did anyone else notice the parallels between that group monotone recital and the scenes with "The Borg" on Star Trek? eek.gif

"We Believe . . . that we are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile." tongue.gif

I mean there are SO many easy comparisons there! Put a H-D under any of the Borg collective, or a few tubes and bionic parts on any of those H-D riding drones and you'd have a hard time telling them apart. eek.gif

. . . although those black Aerostiches with the silver ballistics, Gerbings/Widder wires snaking out and plugged into the side of the bike, a flip-up Schuberth with Autocom boom mic, earplug monitor wires dangling down and a few other electric "tethers" plugged in to a comm-suite in a tank bag . . . ALSO looks very "Borg-like"! lmao.gif

But as Mike so aptly observed: YMMV . . . especially into a head wind at WOT!! grin.gif

What's really sad is that unlike the fun everyone is having in this thread joking around the HD clip wasn't meant to be comical, but serious. crazy.gif

I know, and I still can't watch it without cracking up.

Well I might burn in Hell for my participation in this thread or at least risk my tires slit but heres more grin.gif

We believe...... in modern technology & embrace all it has to offer.

We believe...... in riding, weather or not.

Joe Frickin' Friday
We believe...... in riding, weather or not.

clap.gifthumbsup.gif

That belongs right after the line about the six-figure odometer. thumbsup.gif

we believe.... that mileage should be determined by how much centerstand is left.

we believe.... that chrome doesnt look good at triple digit speeds

we believe.... that trailers are only for delivering our new bike to the dealer

Here's three:

we believe.... that heat comes from (the sun) above, not (the engine) below.

we believe.... in moving forward to the future, not resting on the past.

we believe.... you don't need to look like trash to ride.

OK, maybe the last is a little harsh.

How about adding...

We believe... that the cheapest part on our bikes should be the rider.

We believe... that a meal 300 miles away is tastier than a meal right around the corner.

We believe... that a bike should resonate in the soul, not in the neighborhood.

grin.gif

• 5 months later...
Now if some one would put this on a shirt, I'll take one.

Some good t-shirt material here.

Someone should run with it/them.

Somebody here is too needy. Just because Harley does it why would you want too? Ya'll wanna go slow in great formations announcing your arrival to the heavens and the unappreciative.

Ya'll wanna have a chase truck driven by some toothless bimbo hauling cheap light beer?

Get out to the garage and put on your BMW made clothes and go ride 200 miles and gas up, repeat until all the rodes and explored...ALL BY YOURSELF.

Don't need no stinking CREED... lmao.gif

We believe . . . in the view from the motorcycle, not of the motorcycle.

We believe . . . in photographs of state boundary signs, and international border crossings.

Somebody here is too needy. Just because Harley does it why would you want too? Ya'll wanna go slow in great formations announcing your arrival to the heavens and the unappreciative.

Ya'll wanna have a chase truck driven by some toothless bimbo hauling cheap light beer?

Get out to the garage and put on your BMW made clothes and go ride 200 miles and gas up, repeat until all the rodes and explored...ALL BY YOURSELF.

Don't need no stinking CREED... lmao.gif

Apparently a creed isn't needed once you've had the kool aid..... tongue.gif

We've gone far too long without a creed. Harley's™ got its own creed , the centerpiece of one of its highly successful marketing campaigns. It's really inspirational, starting with the words "We believe in going our own way," then building to the point where hundreds of H-D™ riders are shown going their "own way" in tight formation™, identically clothed in H-D™ black clothing, and chanting The Creed™ in unison. lmao.gif <snip>

This commercial really creeped me out. The rhythmic, synchronized, almost robotic chanting about individuality was so Orwellian. I expected them to break into: Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

I guess the message was:

Individuality is fine, so long as its within these strict parameters.

Archived