IGNORED

Just not my week...

bakerzdosen

OK, I'm venting here...

So, here's my list of things that have gone wrong in the last 5 days:

I think I dislocated my thumb in perhaps the stupidest way possible (taking off a sock?) dopeslap.gif Regardless, it still hurts quite a bit.

Best friend's favorite relative took his own life bncry.gif

Significant other problems ("I'm not going to talk to you ever again nor let you know this little tidbit.")

Worse than usual work stress (not the worst thing in the world, but it all adds up)

And, to top it all off (I hope), I get home (after working 12 hours) to find my fish tank is down about 15 gallons. Why? Because there is a nice steady stream of water coming out of one of the silicon joints onto the floor and all the wood in the vicinity is wet. confused.gif

So, in a semi-panic, I think what I've got around the house because any store with silicon will be closed at this hour. Ah, black roof sealant. Works wet or dry - great. Unfortunately, it doesn't exactly hold water pressure well.

So, I've got black crap everywhere, a half drained marine tank, fans blowing galore, and water dripping into my garage.

The hits just keep on coming. I'm done venting now.

Its Karma combined with my curse!!! That is what you get for picking on such a sweet, small, and softspoken guy like me.

Actually, sorry for your week/month! Maybe by DVD all will be well again!!!

oh, and you should blame it all on me!

I’m truly sad to hear this. I’m kinda a silver lining guy myself, perhaps tomorrow couldn’t be any worse? Take a break, do something for YOU, and watch the Burger & Fries video a few times in row (with the volume down a bit-geeeeez). Besides, even if you don’t say it, the scuttle is its Richards fault. (on the QT, I heard he’s responsible for all the eBay scams) I HOPE YOUR ENJOYING MY “GIRLS GONE WILD” DVD RICHARD!!! I live 20 minutes from Benicia; I’ll be by to collect it when you’re done.

Buck up little camper, the sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow (ok… so that’s a little weird, sorry)

Francois_Dumas

Things like that (AND losing my job) made me name my company 'Silver Cloud Publishing'...... silver linings are what keeps us all going, and they ARE there ! Wishing you better times ahead !

Kind regards,

Francois

That is a really sucky week!

Of course if Richard was the kind person he thinks he is, he would have offered you his pink face pastie to use to seal the aquarium. Hopefully he would have even removed it from his face (parting is such sweet sorrow frown.gif) first!

Geez, Matt! Talk about a tough week.

Just think about it this way, all the ugly stuff happened all at once. Now, it's over with and you can move on to the good stuff.

There's a great movie, Young Frankenstein, where Igor (Marty Feldman) and FrankenstEEN (Gene Wilder) are in a grave digging up the dead guy. FrankenstEEN is complaining, etc. so Igor says what has become a mantra of mine, "Could be worse, could be raining!"

Suffice it to say, it could be worse although there's probably not a lot of consolation in that right now.

Sounds like a trip to N. California is, again, in order!? wink.gifwink.gif Door's open! Bed is made. Food in the fridge.

Oh, and hurry up and dry out the place, Jamie and I want to head up that way this winter as well! smile.gif

As for Richard; shame on you for picking on poor, sweet, innocent, helpless Matt. You bad man! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

OK, how DOES one dislocate an appendage with a sock? Enquiring minds want to know. Hmmm, there is a joke and new tag line on there somewhere!!! Jamie (KMG_365), oh Jamie . . .

Are the fish alright?????
Well, there are only two fish in there, and they both seem to be alive and... flipping? Anyway, they seem to be fine. The corals seem to be fine (as best I can tell without light - for now). I sort of forgot to plug the heater back in, so I hope the cold temps didn't do too much damage, but I doubt it.

My house smells like algae as one would expect. I guess I'll be heading to the fish store soon to explore options. Sleeping on it helped - I'm not as gung ho to dump everything now.

OK Phil... I throw that thumb part in there to evoke sympathy, and what happens??? Exactly what I expected (and would have done myself smile.gif ). I get mildly ridiculed. If you only knew how badly I've already ridiculed myself, it would seem a dead horse.

The short answer is, I don't rightly know...

The slighly longer answer is: I was simply taking off a sock with my right thumb in the top of the sock and I heard and felt a cracking noise from my thumb. I don't remember if I slipped or bumped into something, I just remember the noise and thinking "Did I just break my thumb in a sock????" It hurts, but it's better.

You know, the weird thing is, as bad as this week has been, it just feels like an extension of the year in terms of bad things happening. Good things have happened too (um... new hobby? smile.gif ) but it's been a doozie. I'd pick my situation over my friend's. She's pretty devastated by the death.

So, with that said, I honestly don't feel too bad at all - other than the thumb throbbing of course. After I posted this, I thought "why are you complaining?" Then I read Richard's post and felt REALLY guilty.

So I'm good. Ridicule away. And thanks for the well wishes folks. wave.gif

Edit: Oh, and you KNOW that door is always open for you two... So, what are we having for Thanksgiving dinner? lmao.gif

My house smells like algae as one would expect. I guess I'll be heading to the fish store soon to explore options. Sleeping on it helped - I'm not as gung ho to dump everything now.

On second thought, since you "slept on it", you probably smell like algae as well! I think we will wait to visit for a while! Hopefully, the smell on you will have left!!

What were you thinking!!! Sleeping on wet algae smelling carpet, etc. Man, you do punish yourself! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

On second thought, since you "slept on it", you probably smell like algae as well! I think we will wait to visit for a while! Hopefully, the smell on you will have left!!

What were you thinking!!! Sleeping on wet algae smelling carpet, etc. Man, you do punish yourself! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I knew I shouldn't be posting here this early in the morning (finished some work at 3am). Sheesh. Can't slip nuttin' by you can I?

ya know, it's conversations / banter like this (among other threads, noteably ones chastizing Richard) that make me glad i wasn't able to attend the NoCal Tech Daze (aside from not having proper heated gear for a below freezing departure and westerly trek). eek.gifdopeslap.gif

BTW Matt, when you're cleaning out fish tanks, you're supposed to take the hose OUT of the tank BEFORE you leave the house. blush.giftongue.giflmao.gif

so..., note to (your)self: next time, make sure you have your coffee BEFORE you post here and you probably won't get ridiculed as much (ok, probably not, but it sounded good - lol). grin.gif

i can think of others, but i think that's enough for now (now = X number of minutes; X = fill in the blank). tongue.gif

be back shortly..... wave.gif

There's a great movie, Young Frankenstein, where Igor (Marty Feldman) and FrankenstEEN (Gene Wilder) are in a grave digging up the dead guy. FrankenstEEN is complaining, etc. so Igor says what has become a mantra of mine, "Could be worse, could be raining!"

If I recall, the moment that was said it began to poor... lmao.gif

Man, from a pratical standpoint, you need to go buy a brand new BMW motorcycle to really make you feel better. thumbsup.gif
That's exactly how I STARTED biking this summer. smile.gif There comes a point where a new bike can't solve all your problems...

Of course, I'm not sure I've reached that point yet... Hmmmm.... eek.gif

Especially now that I found out that a new tank setup is gonna run me somewhere in the neighborhood of $700... frown.gif

Why don't you go wash the one you've got!!! You'll probably think of it as being new after doing so!

Let me know if you need any tips! lmao.giflmao.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifwave.gifwave.gif

Why don't you go wash the one you've got!!! You'll probably think of it as being new after doing so!

Let me know if you need any tips! lmao.giflmao.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifwave.gifwave.gif

Im sure he could use some tips on how to keep his yard in perfect OCD and fire marshal friendly order!

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Yeah, I'm gonna need you to show me how to do that. Why do you think I want you to come out here? smile.gif

Now, if I could just buff out those tech daze "mishaps" to my tupperware...

And, you know, I do still think of it as being new. Heck, I still think my car is new and it's only recently paid off... dopeslap.gif

Oh and Richard, I've got enough personality quirks without adding OCD to the mix.

Oh and Richard, I've got enough personality quirks without adding OCD to the mix.

I dont' think you'll get any argument from anyone on that one!

I hope things clear up for you, it seems you deserve a break.

Good luck.

Dude! I think he said it's just dislocated . . . man this is a tough room!! blush.gif

What happened to you could have been worse, it could have happened to me! grin.gif

lmao.gif

Seriously, Matt, sorry to hear of your week and hope it gets better from here on out. BTW, our favorite "dangerfieldesque" variation on the silver cloud thing is: "It could've been worse. You could've broken BOTH legs!" crazy.gif

OK, I'm venting here...

So, here's my list of things that have gone wrong in the last 5 days:

You missed the bright side by focusing on the bad side.

After five days you are still breathing, NOT DEAD.

Your best friend isn't the one that took his life. (Not trying to be callous, forgive me)

The water from the tank will dry up.

The roofing tar can be cleaned up.

And, more than likely, you have homeowners insurance for the clean-up.

Cheer up! Things may be looking up for you!

I'll bet that if the Alternator Belt Repair Crew were there, things would have been fixed in a jiffy.... smile.gif

Pssst!!! Uhhh, I am not so sure of that. Afterall, he DID dislocate his thumb with a SOCK! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif I wouldn't let him near an alternator belt!

I hope things clear up for you, it seems you deserve a break.

Good luck.

Dude! I think he said it's just dislocated . . . man this is a tough room!! blush.gif

Ba-dum-bump. He'll be here all week, folks!

Matt, hang in there. It all comes in waves, doesn't it? You'll be on top again in no time.

I wouldn't let him near an alternator belt!
Uh... they didn't either if you remember... that's why it got fixed! They sent me to the store to buy a wrench!!!??? smile.gif

Oh, and flyingreg, I'm honestly not too down about things. I think my general attitude is: "I should be down, but for some reason I'm not." At least not too much. thumbsup.gif

And saltwater doesn't dry in quite the same way as water. I'm gonna have crunchy carpet for a while. If only I had a Dyson instead of Miele! :P

If the fish are still alive on Friday, I'll probably take them, the corals, and the live rock to the store and "give up" on the whole hobby for now. I'm just not looking forward to spending $1,000 to $1,500 on fish at the moment. Perhaps later. It's been a good 12 years.

If I break both legs tomorrow, I'm blaming it on Jamie. (Sorry Richard, you just can't be blamed for everything. I think you'd develop a God complex. lmao.gif)

If I break both legs tomorrow, I'm blaming it on Jamie. (Sorry Richard, you just can't be blamed for everything. I think you'd develop a God complex. lmao.gif)

Too late. tongue.gif

Oooops, did I type that out loud? lmao.gif

Too late. tongue.gif

Oooops, did I type that out loud? lmao.gif

I knew you were going to type that yesterday. blush.gif

Sheesh... look what I go through for you people. I have to endure physical pain and suffering just to get a title? Come to think of it, I guess that's pretty standard around here isn't it? Pain = new title. lmao.giflmao.gif

Of course, sometimes it's "new title = suffering" from the abuse, but hey...

Oh, and flyingreg, I'm honestly not too down about things. I think my general attitude is: "I should be down, but for some reason I'm not." At least not too much. thumbsup.gif

And saltwater doesn't dry in quite the same way as water. I'm gonna have crunchy carpet for a while. If only I had a Dyson instead of Miele! :P

I was trying to help you over the hump a little, hope things are getting better. I know, salt water and carpet, bad combination.

Hang in there! smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm afraid to post this because it may actually GET READ (like Tom needs any more material here), but since I've already got my new title, how could it get any worse? (Famous last words).

Suffice it to say, the (formerly) dislocated thumb is feeling fine... (though I do understand Calvin E now smile.gif )but that's probably because of all the ibuprofen and Lortab I've been doped up on... eek.gif

So, to continue my saga, last Saturday I woke up with a tinge of chest pain. Then I realized it was rib pain because if I touched my left ribs, it hurt. I just figured I'd stay in bed longer as well as NOT do a lot of the things I had planned and all would be right with the world later that day...

I've never been so wrong (although I have tried). Suffice it to say, the next morning at 7am - after only sleeping from 5am to 7am because of the extreme pain while breathing - I find myself at the emergency room. A couple hours and several x-rays later, I find I have a soft tissue contusion - aka bruised ribs. I have no idea how it happened (surprise), but alas, it HURTS like nothing I've experienced in years - if ever - and seeing as how I've got to be in NYC the next day, moping about isn't an option.

So, a dozen or so Lortab's and several thousand mg of ibuprofen later, I not only learn that Lortab doesn't do a single thing for me (other than knock me out if I take two at a time along with 800mg of ibuprofen), I survived the trip to Manhattan. I didn't get elbowed in the ribs on the plane or A train into the city. I did have to fight to stay awake my first couple days there (which isn't fun when you're the one teaching the class.) I still never slept more than 4 hours in one night this week. And now I've got a splitting headache since I haven't taken any drugs for almost 48 hours. And to top it all off, I was too tired after my 7am flight to go riding today even though the weather was quite nice for December...

Oh well, I'll go back "underground" now. Here's hoping nothing else happens before I leave for Tulsa on Monday...

Again, the funny thing is, I'm not down. I do enjoy Manhattan around Christmas - or most times of the year for that matter - despite the cold temps and "mild" winds of downtown. I just wish I'd been up to doing my Christmas shopping while there - that's my biggest issue. The rest is just "life".

OK, I'm afraid

As well you should be!

to post this because it may actually GET READ (like Tom needs any more material here), but since I've already got my new title, how could it get any worse? (Famous last words).

Goading the mods shall get you no where!!!

Suffice it to say, the (formerly) dislocated thumb is feeling fine... (though I do understand Calvin E now smile.gif )but that's probably because of all the ibuprofen and Lortab I've been doped up on... eek.gif

So, to continue my saga, last Saturday I woke up with a tinge of chest pain. Then I realized it was rib pain because if I touched my left ribs, it hurt.

Then don't touch them you dingbat!!!

I just figured I'd stay in bed longer as well as NOT do a lot of the things I had planned and all would be right with the world later that day...

You DO things???? Really??? Huh, could've fooled me!

I've never been so wrong

It's your story punkin! You tell it your way!!

(although I have tried). Suffice it to say, the next morning at 7am - after only sleeping from 5am to 7am because of the extreme pain while breathing

Might I suggest a sabbatical from breathing?

- I find myself at the emergency room. A couple hours and several x-rays later, I find I have a soft tissue contusion - aka bruised ribs.

WIMP!!!!!!

I have no idea how it happened (surprise), but alas, it HURTS like nothing I've experienced in years - if ever - and seeing as how I've got to be in NYC the next day, moping about isn't an option.

So, a dozen or so Lortab's and several thousand mg of ibuprofen later, I not only learn that Lortab doesn't do a single thing for me (other than knock me out if I take two at a time along with 800mg of ibuprofen), I survived the trip to Manhattan. I didn't get elbowed in the ribs on the plane or A train into the city. I did have to fight to stay awake my first couple days there (which isn't fun when you're the one teaching the class.) I still never slept more than 4 hours in one night this week. And now I've got a splitting headache since I haven't taken any drugs for almost 48 hours. And to top it all off, I was too tired after my 7am flight to go riding today even though the weather was quite nice for December...

Oh well, I'll go back "underground" now.

Thank you!!!

Here's hoping nothing else happens before I leave for Tulsa on Monday...

Again, the funny thing is, I'm not down. I do enjoy Manhattan around Christmas - or most times of the year for that matter - despite the cold temps and "mild" winds of downtown. I just wish I'd been up to doing my Christmas shopping while there - that's my biggest issue.

Don't EVEN think that excuses you from not getting me my gift!!!

The rest is just "life".

Now, please go get one!!

Sheesh, like you expected ANY sympathy here! Silly rabbit, Tricks are for kids!!!

Sorry to here of your pain? First injury caused by socks. Probably a t-shirt inflicted your mortal wound this time! Man you need some serious help!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

SEE!!! This is why I waited to post this. It would have been excruciatingly painful to read this (and laugh) last weekend. lmao.gif

Luckily I wasn't looking for sympathy... but I guess I should be looking for a new T-shirt. smile.gif

SEE!!! This is why I waited to post this. It would have been excruciatingly painful to read this (and laugh) last weekend. lmao.gif

Luckily I wasn't looking for sympathy... but I guess I should be looking for a new T-shirt. smile.gif

Make sure you get the Bodyguard Adventure Pants too! We don't want to hear the next thing that you dislocated was your left or right gluteus maximus! blush.giftongue.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Ahh yes, another fellow "glutton for punishment"! Take another pill or two and it will be like none of this EVER happened..., at least for a day or two anyway - lol. dopeslap.gifgrin.gif

I feel for you......I BROKE 2 of my ribs (coughing...believe it or not) about 2 years ago......broke them again while camping in Canada (yes....while coughing)....and to this day I still feel a bad twinge every once in a while. Sure hope your bruising heals w/o ANY further problems.

Pat

I BROKE 2 of my ribs (coughing...believe it or not)
I might not have believed you (or really understood the impact of the injuries) a month or two ago, but I get it now... believe me, I get it now. eek.gif

Amazing how experience helps empathy isn't it?

Well see how this week goes. I'm going to try working out or jogging this week - the most strenuous exercise I've done this past week was climbing subway stairs.

Archived