IGNORED

Warmest Winter Gloves

DMH

OK, now's about the right time for all to chime in to list their favorite warmest winter riding gloves - and I mean for those who continue to ride as located greatly north of the ( or IN the ) crazy.gif Snow Belt...!!

My warmest is the Gerbing heated liners with the Olympia rain cover gloves. Much warmer and less bulky than my Gerbing heated gloves. I've used both under the same condition and the liners with overgloves are the hands down (warm) winner.

ShovelStrokeEd

Coolish, down into the 50's I just stay with my Held Ceramics.

In the low 50's high 40's I switch to my BMW Summer Rain Gortex.

Below that, on go the Gerbings glove liners and if it is really gonna be cold, I have the Gerbings heated gloves (old style, not the latest model).

So far, I have not needed any more although the one time I did ride in temps in the high teens, I was on my LT and used the heated grips to full advantage.

Those look like the pair I have except I cannot find a model number on mine. I bought a pair from CycleGear Sipapu but cannot recall the brand. They are warmer than the Olympias but are much stiffer, which I do not think will diminish with more wear. I ride year round unless roads are snow/ice covered. Both bike have heated grips, one has handguards. Actually, what keeps my hands the warmest is a pair of wrist straps with air actuated heat packs inside, in addition to gloves and heated grips. Seems kind of hokey but the suckers sure work well.

Love my BMW pro winter gloves. They're quite warm. I like that they have a bit less insulation on the inner palm & fingers compared to the outside, better for feel and for heated grips. The fingers are curved nicely so you're not fighting them.

Well, I have a good set of Olympias and the heated grips on the RT with weather protection adds more comfort, so I am all set - I put up the question really for my son, who's starting to ride an older naked frame bike, no heated grips and he can't take the weather in Ohio for more than 20 minutes at a clip now...[ not as stupid or tough as his old man back in the good ol' days ]

How would the electric glove liners get wired to the bike without the rest of the electric jacket or vest ? Can the gloves go independent?

Not including the Widder heated gloves here, and riding year round in cold temps, the finest winter gloves I've come across are at the nearby Harley dealer. I've tried many, and they are the best. MCN had a winter glove comparison a couple of years ago and also noted the same, giving them the best label. Would give second place to some snowmobile gloves I bought. Olympia is third place to me.

If you want to have warm hands while being budget-minded, consider these Poalr-Tex gloves from Tourmaster . I bought a pair at a Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer one day while out on a ride because my hands were getting a bit cold. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how well they (1) fit, (2) provide warmth, and (3) keep the rain out. I’ve ridden in the mid-twenties and in the low-forties in rain with them and didn’t need or want to use heated grips. They won’t win any style points, but they will keep your hands warm.

BMW Winter Gloves. With gel in them.

Leave them on the monitor while I'm at work, they're nice and toasty when I put them on to leave! (and a bit thinner in the palm, so the heated grips work well.)

I used them on a 300+ mile ride...many people had heated gloves, but I did fine w/ just the heated grips + these gloves.

Another vote for Gerbings heated leather gloves. I also have the Gerbings jacket with the controller. The coldest I've used them is 24 Degrees F, but my hands were very comfortable with the heat set at about 1/2 power on the controller.

How would the electric glove liners get wired to the bike without the rest of the electric jacket or vest ? Can the gloves go independent?

Yep. Gerbings has a "glove harness" that you can wear inside any jacket. Basically two wires that go down the sleeves to the gloves, which merge in the middle to a connector that goes to your Heat-Troller or switch. When I got my Gerbings jacket and gloves, I got the harness and a two-channel Heat-Troller so I could control the gloves independently. Turns out I've always got 'em on the same setting, so I stopped using the glove harness and just plug 'em into the jacket's own harness.

Well, I have a good set of Olympias and the heated grips on the RT with weather protection adds more comfort, so I am all set - I put up the question really for my son, who's starting to ride an older naked frame bike, no heated grips and he can't take the weather in Ohio for more than 20 minutes at a clip now...[ not as stupid or tough as his old man back in the good ol' days ]

Just another thought--there are some very good add-on electric grip kits available for just a wee bit of coin. Something to consider . . .

Archived