IGNORED

Helmet Speakers vs Earphones

nuzzy90532

Hi All,

I currently have a Baehr Ultima using the helmet speakers & microphone. Since I use custom earplugs, I need to adjust the volume to near maxium to hear music, radar, etc.

I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the existing helmet speakers in order to use a custom earphone AND still use the microphone in the helmet? Anyone tried this?

Not sure about the Baehr but Autocom makes an adapter that is inline with the cable that goes to the helmet and has a "tap/socket" for custom earphone/plugs to plug into. Works great.

I have Autocom as well and have the adapter cable with the box in it. There is a outlet plug in this box to plug in your in-ear speakers. I use Er6i and have found them to work well. Before finding this adapter cable, I toyed with the idea of wiring in an outlet plug on the side of the helmet. A buddy of mine told me that I may have to put some resistors in the wiring due to the difference in speaker impedence. I guess if you are the only one on the bike and always used in-ear speakers, it wouldn't make any difference. But if you adjusted the volume to suit the in-ear speakers and then decided to use the helmet speakers, the volume may not be at the proper level. BTW, my helmet speakers continue to work when I have the in-ear speakers plugged in, but I can't hear them.

Yes...this nice lady makes them for the Baehr....and for a few dollars more and a couple weeks time you can get them with separate volume controls.

http://www.plugup.com/buy.php

You will have to buy the inner ear speaker separatly, ER6is or Arizona Al's specials both work great.

Whip

Thanks for the info Whip. I called Baehr after I posted and they gave me the exact same info. The tech I talked to has one and couldn't say enough good things about it. I'm gong to order one ASAP.

Al

Archived