IGNORED

1150GS hesitation

Rich06FJR1300

Rich06FJR1300

Have a friend who has a 2002 1150GS. When it starts up for warmup its fine...its after riding awhile that this hesitation begins. You can notice when he's riding it as it's pretty bad. Noticeable hesitation but it doesn't stall. Originally thought to be water in the gas, but we've taken off the tank and drained it, fuel filter was replaced but still does it. Checked the canister lines and they seem to be ok (he removed the canister when he got the bike when it was new). Then the dealer suggested it could be the hall sensor? I've never heard of that one as I always thought the bike would just die if that wasn't working. Wasn't there a test posted here that you can perform on that unit to see if its working properly?

thanks in advance

Then the dealer suggested it could be the hall sensor? I've never heard of that one as I always thought the bike would just die if that wasn't working. Wasn't there a test posted here that you can perform on that unit to see if its working properly?

IMHO thre is no test of 100% accuracy that that will say "yea or nay" for the hall sensor.

Having said that, "hesitation" means different things to dif. people. tongue.gif

For me, "hesitation" would be a delay in expected RPM increase....from an idle or opening the throttle at road speed. A little more hesitation might become "faltering" or stumbling to the point one expects it to die.

The most likely suspects are plugs (new ones are just new..not guaranteed good) and throttle body sync./leaks.

Is this a new condition or just gotten worse?

edit...the motronic may just need to re-learn the TPS or a faulty TPS could also be the problem.

Archived