IGNORED

To all RSL owners who are tired of heat damage to fairing

RedRS

Ok all, go to this site and go to the bottom of the page these are proto types made with a overlay the real ones will be all cabon fiber, I hope everyone is as excited to have someone willing to make this to cure once and for all, also as them as many questions as you like thru e-mail at contact them

The production parts were planned to be made entirely out of carbon/phenolic resin based system. Phenolic resin is used in aircraft applications where flames are a concern. It simply will NOT burn at all. coated with a proprietary ceramic based heat resistant coating over the carbon fiber.

REDrs

http://www.advancedcompositeseng.com/new.htm

Kinda funny that a problem with fairing parts made from relatively modern polymers like ABS, that are melting, is now solved with an ancient, 100-year old resin like phenol-formaldehyde ("phenolic"). Sometimes the old stuff is still the best!

Hey RedRS, at the risk of hijacking your thread, is that you I've seen up and down 101 in the R.P./ Petaluma area? Seems like I see a red R-RS at least a couple times a month.

Hey Stubble I have been through there but I ride mostly north, around willits, fort bragg

,lake county area, covelo road, hwy 36. just got my 1996 R1100rsl in july, at a great bike shop

Diablo BMW in walnut creek

RedRS thumbsup.gif

A lot cheaper option would be to put on a patch of heat-reflective stuff of the sort they use on the bottom of hard bags.

Or, use heat wrap on the headers, and improve performance and noise reduction into the bargain.

Archived