IGNORED

PIAA 1100X Platinum ?

Chugger

How much more light would I get from the PIAA 1100X Platinum? I'm riding an 02 RT and have been using the fork mounted lamps 24/7. If I installed the PIAA 1100X Platinum under the oil cooler and connect the relay to my high beams would there be a 25%, 50% or 75% gain in distance visibility?

Thanks Chugger

If they're aimed properly, they should only slightly augment the low beam headlight in terms of distance.

If you want the mega-distance lighting, go for the PIAA 910 or equivalent mounted high on the mirrors. With those puppies on, you can see almost a mile ahead.

Paul,

You'll get more light farther down the road because of higher mounting.

I run Moto's above the caliper area w/strap mount so I don't have to remove them for tire changes (4 or more/year) and PIAA's up under the cooler.

Moto's turn w/fork in curve and illuminate more side area.

PIAA's light up more in distance so the amount of light is difficult to quantify in a per cent.

I use Moto's all the time.

I use PIAA's in dark/rain.

Moto's in fog.

Both in morning dark commute when I get to the National Forest w/little on-coming traffic and lots of critters (deer, bear, hogs)

I have mine wired to a separate switch (Motos) and an Autoswitch for PIAA's as I want to be able to mix and match on both high and low beams.

Good luck.

Thanks for your responses, I was hoping the 1100 & High beams would give me greater distance for highway driving at night. Wish-full thinking. The 910s look to big to go under the oil cooler. frown.gif.

Thanks, Chugger

Chugger, you want either the PIAA 910 or the Hella FF50.

THe FF50's are what I use. They are 55 watts each, with a tight beam that is a perfect match to the existing high beam.

The 910's blow everything else away. 110 watts each. I had them for a short time, and descided that they were overkill for me.

49185455-M.jpg

49185460-M.jpg

Archived