IGNORED

Turn signals work fine till I turn on the headlight, then blink double time

KDeline

I have a euro light switch so I can turn off the lights. Signals work fine, lights go on and they speed up. Change out relay with the RTP, still does it. This is just strange.

KDeline, a possible cause = the headlight ground is back feeding the T/S ground circuit or you somehow have the headlight acting as ground for the T/S's..

Twisty

Ever notice cars/trucks with really rapidly flashing turn signalz, usually vehicles with a trailer hitch. They have tied into the electrics improperly. Maybe you tied into the wrong spot? Just a suggestion to check.

Corroded contact(s) some where (think bulb socket) can cause this. Resistance is a bit too high, combined with the drop in voltage when the headlight is turned on, is just enough to make the flasher think a bulb is out and go into fast flash mode.

Had exact same problem on my 2003 RT-P and it drove me nuts for the first year. Was very intermittent. After much measurement, flasher relay replacement and bulb socket cleaning (and soldering), replacement of the battery finally solved the problem. The only thing I can figure is that turning on the lights (or heated grips) caused a voltage drop that made the flasher relay think there was a problem. Could have been a loose/bad connection somewhere, but the battery replacement solved it. Beats me$@#?! eek.gif

Archived