IGNORED

HES Wire Source

James_H

Can anyone point me to the source of the high temperature wire that is recommened to replace the wire in the HES harness. I did mulitple searches and came up empty. I know someone did list a website source that was resonalble price wise.

Thanks.

Jim

Do a Google search for Spruce Aircraft Supply and they have various sizes by the foot. I believe all newer aircraft wire is rated to 150 deg. C which should do the job for any BMW that I know of. Our 1967 Cessna 182 has many, many feet of original wire which is the older spec from those days. Withstands heat/cold just fine.

Good luck,

Bruce smile.gif

Action Electronics is another good source, the PTFE insulation is rated to 200C and is nearly indestructible. If you want to retain the original color code and don't want to buy four spools then give bmwmick a PM as I believe that he has pre-made harnesses available.
Can anyone point me to the source of the high temperature wire that is recommened to replace the wire in the HES harness. I did mulitple searches and came up empty. I know someone did list a website source that was resonalble price wise.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim,

Here is where I sourced my 200c Teflon insulated wire in the correct color codes...... 22ga Stranded.

http://www.ba-electronics.com/nte-wire.htm#wt

Mick

Tucson

Action Electronics is another good source, the PTFE insulation is rated to 200C and is nearly indestructible. If you want to retain the original color code and don't want to buy four spools then give bmwmick a PM as I believe that he has pre-made harnesses available.

Seth,

Thanks for the tip on Action Electronics. I just ordered some 'stuff' from them. BA-Electronics in OK just marked their wire up $5 per roll...... OUCH!!

Mick

Archived