IGNORED

Death Valley Pre run check in

azkaisr

Got home safe around 1730. Was a great ride home with the Whips! As Whip said in Wickenburg, "this is one of those days you just want to ride forever on"

More later!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Home just after 1800. Rode home with Jamie and Leslie, most of the way. Nice ride. It was great seeing and riding with you all!

Funny, that's just what I said to Jamie as we rode along with great company, under cloudless skies, through the beauty of Joshua Tree, with the bike purring beneath me, I just could have ridden all day! Oh, wait! I did ride all day! grin.gif

We got in a bit after 6:00.

Thanks to all for a wonderful weekend!

Funny, that's just what I said to Jamie as we rode along with great company, under cloudless skies, through the beauty of Joshua Tree, with the bike purring beneath me, I just could have ridden all day! Oh, wait! I did ride all day! grin.gif
No problems with the squeaking belt I assume?

home early by 2pm..in time to grill dinner, as promised.

Graydude and I sliced the I15 in light traffic and perfect weather.

The Jan '07 DVD should be spectacular..now, where is it being held?? grin.gif

Home at 5:40 Mountain Time. The ride was a little cold from Cedar City to Home on I15, but it was bearable considering it's the middle of November.

I think that riding with everyone from California was a bad influence on me. After leaving Bakerzdosen in Provo, I boogied up to SLC in and out of the HOV lane, lane splitting when necessary all in an effort to not change the yellow color my AeroStich already has.

Thanks to everyone there. Had a great time.

I THINK RIDING WITH EVERYONE FROM CALIFORNIA WAS A BAD INFLUENCE ON ME How can you accuse us of such a thing? (although the park rangers were seen trying to catch up with some dude with a yellow jacket and his buddie on RT's) grin.gifgrin.gif

The Whips are in for the night....we already miss ya'll.

El Paso tonight....home tomorrow.

I can almost hear my dogs barkin...I cannot wait to start on this Ride Tale.

Whip

I cannot wait to start on this Ride Tale.

Whip

hey now, take it easy on us..not everything needs to be said wink.gifgrin.gif

arf, arf !! hear those dogs, barkin' ?

I cannot wait to start on this Ride Tale.

Whip

hey now, take it easy on us..not everything needs to be said wink.gifgrin.gif

arf, arf !! hear those dogs, barkin' ?

Stan

I'll do my best,buuuuuuuuut......sorry.lmao.gif

Whip

El Paso - you slacker!

Home at 8:45pm Monday night, strangely warm ahead of the coming snow, 47 in Torrey, didn't even turn on the Gerbings. Was very tense riding along UT24 from Richfield, especially when somebody came the other way and I had to dip the high beam, leaving me with just a single fog light to see by. Funny thing is that I didn't see a single deer, when I came back from NorCal Tech Daze a couple of weeks ago I saw hundreds. I think that may be the last ride on the RT for the year, it needs so much servicing now that I don't think I'll have time to do it before Thanksgiving when I was going to ride to Denver.

The rangers were out in force in DV on Monday but as I was in photo mode they didn't bother me, or I them, whichever way that works. DV ride tale to follow.

Whip

Somehow, even though I wasn't there, I have a feeling I will be featured throughout this future ride tale. blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Whip

Somehow, even though I wasn't there, I have a feeling I will be featured throughout this future ride tale. blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

No small animals were harmed while people mocke....I mean spoke highly of you Richard! wink.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

HUMBUG!

TWO Ride Tales for one teensy trip to DV? Kinda overdoin' aren't ya'lls??

Yeah, I'm just pissy because I wasn't there, although I'm glad I didn't change my mind at the last minute, huh Graydude ? frown.gif

Seriously, sounds like everyone had a great time - how could you not on those roads? Still no bikes yet, probably not until early spring when the cash is healthier. In the meantime, has anyone seen/ridden the new FJR with the auto clutch thingamajiggy? Thinking about it for Carole, but not for me! Real men squeeze grips grin.gif

Keep the pics coming (as much as it kills me to view.....)

Whattaya mean no bikes until Early Spring?? Didn't you just sell your house?? Dude, you've got to work on your priorities!! grin.gif

We missed you on the recon and now we're going to miss you both for the DVD Ride in January, too? bncry.gif

Or maybe . . . you can borrow Todd's bike! I hear he's a real troublemaker and HI-JACKER!!! tongue.gifgrin.gif

Hi Phil

I hope you and Carole are doing well. You know if I had an extra bike I would loan it to you. Right now it is just Ruby and me. Almost 14K miles in 12 months. I must be having too much fun with her. Happy holidays!

Or maybe . . . you can borrow Todd's bike! I hear he's a real troublemaker and HI-JACKER!!!

Has any one given any thought to changing the date? Just think'in out loud here..

Last ones home.

3957 miles 14 days.

San Antnio, Borrega Springs, Del Mar, Bakersfield, Morro Bay, Big Sur, Bodega Bay, Diamond Springs, Yosemite, Death Valley,Avondale AZ, and back to San Antonio. Road at least 1 tank of gas every day. Washed clothes 4 times.

It's gonna take more than one Ride Tale.

Whip

Or maybe . . . you can borrow Todd's bike! I hear he's a real troublemaker and HI-JACKER!!!

Has any one given any thought to changing the date? Just think'in out loud here..

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

+1 lmao.gif

and Whips, bet the arfs were glad to see ya smile.gif

next year's Death Valley MLK Weekend Ride will be January 12-15th!! (2007)

The above statement was made January 24 2006!

Changing the date that's the joke

lmao.gif

OK, so what did I miss. For the life of me I don't get the joke............
Tony's got it mostly right. What you missed, Phil, was your buddy Todd and his accomplice Stan hijacking every plan I could come up with.

"How about dinner here tonight? Sound good to everyone?"

"Yeah!"

"I'm in!"

"Me too!"

. . . fast forward six hours:

"Todd decided we'd all just stay here for dinner. He's spread the word and he and a few of the others are already in the bar and don't want to ride anywhere for dinner."

tongue.gifdopeslap.gif

Changing the date of the ride that has been planned for almost a year?? Typical! lmao.gif

Like I said, we REALLY missed you, Phil! I think the hijackers might've given you more respect . . . but on second thought!! grin.gif

Tony's got it mostly right. What you missed, Phil, was your buddy Todd and his accomplice Stan hijacking every plan I could come up with
Kinda like those of us who showed up in the Saddle West restaurant Sunday morning to say good bye... only to find out that THAT plan had been hijacked too. eek.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony's got it mostly right. What you missed, Phil, was your buddy Todd and his accomplice Stan hijacking every plan I could come up with

Kinda like those of us who showed up in the Saddle West restaurant Sunday morning to say good bye... only to find out that THAT plan had been hijacked too.

What? confused.gif
Kinda like those of us who showed up in the Saddle West restaurant Sunday morning to say good bye... only to find out that THAT plan had been hijacked too.

What? confused.gifBefore we retired for the evening, some people (I think the So. Cal group had always planned on eating after getting a few miles behind them) were going to eat breakfast at 8 at SW. That didn't happen. It's not that big of a deal... Andy and I planned on eating in Mesquite - which we did. It's my fault for choosing to shower instead of saying good bye right at 8. I was impressed how punctual everyone was at departing.

But, I'm sure, given the opportunity, you would have hijacked that plan too. lmao.gif

Nope. I draw the line at personal hygine.

Ya know Todd(graydude) you should hang out here more often....you fit right in....we spel alyke.....and I'm sure you'll have more fun here than at that "Limo site" you usually hang out at....we're much easier to HI-JACK

Whip

What you missed, Phil, was your buddy Todd and his accomplice Stan hijacking every plan I could come up with.

I know nothing of this...just taking orders from my leader. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Archived