IGNORED

Kisan's new plug-in tailblazer

bendbill

Kisan tailblazer has a new flashing brakelight bulb for 1100 and 1150 RTs. It's a single contact halogen bulb with an attention-grabbing decelerating flash. It does not trip the general warning light on the display. Works great, comes with a spare 2000 hour bulb, and best of all costs $69.95, cheaper than the older wire/splice unit. See link below or call 888 464-5472.

Usual disclaimer: no affiliation, just a happy customer

plug and play bulb

Kisan tailblazer has a new flashing brakelight bulb for 1100 and 1150 RTs.

It's not a new design.

Got mine roughly 3.5 years ago.

The first bulb didn't last that long but I think must have touched it on install.

Still carrying around the incandescent bulb in a PVC coupling just incase of a bulb or brains failure while on the road.

the new bulb is slight differetn than the old one and has 20W bulb instead of 10W. The 20W bulb can be used on the old design too.

I have had mine since '02 on my R1150RS with no problems. Recently installed the higher wattage bulb, no issues. The bulb from Kisan is a nice German made Osram one, you can get a chinese one from Radio Shack for about half the price if you are in a pinch. I went with the Osram as it is supposed be vibration resistant (and it isn't made in china)

the new bulb is slight differetn than the old one and has 20W bulb instead of 10W. The 20W bulb can be used on the old design too.

Bills link is to the 10W-S which is not new.

However I did not know of the 20-watt series which is NEW... 20W-S

I have had mine since '02 on my R1150RS with no problems. Recently installed the higher wattage bulb, no issues. The bulb from Kisan is a nice German made Osram one, you can get a chinese one from Radio Shack for about half the price if you are in a pinch. I went with the Osram as it is supposed be vibration resistant (and it isn't made in china)

So you are using a 20 watt bulb in the 10 watt unit confused.gif

Is this approved via Kisan?

Edit: It appears that the bulb supplied in the 10W-S is 20 watts not 10 as the series # designation & SAAB93driver led me to believe

ESokoloff and others--

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for any confusion. When I had first called Kisan, they said they had a "new" drop-in bulb. I guess the "new" is that it is a 20W rather than the older 10W.

Anyway, it works well and it's really bright. I also double checked my invoice: the Kisan part number is 20W-S.

Hope this clears up the confusion

Since we're on the topic - I bought one of these second hand and installed it with no problems. However, the flash pattern is not like it appears on the website. Mine flashes approx. 4 or 5 times quickly, then one slightly slower flash and then solid. This is better than no flashing, but not what I was expecting. Did I get an earlier generation model? confused.gif

So you are using a 20 watt bulb in the 10 watt unit confused.gif

Is this approved via Kisan?

Edit: It appears that the bulb supplied in the 10W-S is 20 watts not 10 as the series # designation & SAAB93driver led me to believe

The original bulb system from Kisan indeed had a 10W G4 bulb, I have 2 spares I bought at that time along with the original unit and all are 10W. The newer design (labeled "new version" on their website) uses a G4 20W bulb. I checked with Kisan directly, the 20W bulb is OK for the old design. Being a G4 configuration it is also physically interchangeable.

Bottom line is if you have an old 10W bulb in your tailblazer bulb, you can upgrade it to a 20W bulb. If you buy the "new version" tailblazer you get a 20 W bulb automatically

SAAB93driver, I owe you an apology. I just checked my 10W-S & found it to have a 10-watt bulb.

If you look at page 6 of the CURRENT (11/13/2006 ) Kisan tailblazer manual you will find that it states the bulb as 20-watts for the 10W-S confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Thanks for passing along this info about the ability to double the output of the original 10W-S thumbsup.gif,

and sorry again dopeslap.gifdopeslap.giftongue.gif

Mine flashes approx. 4 or 5 times quickly, then one slightly slower flash and then solid. ...

Did I get an earlier generation model? confused.gif

Michael, this is from their web site:

tailBlazer... rapidly flashing the taillights the instant you apply the brakes. The flash rate then slows down to a steady ON - this cycle lasts about 4 seconds. This flash pattern is called a Deceleration Warning.

I think all States allow a flashing brake light(at least on a motorcycle) but only for the first few seconds of application of the brakes.

If I feel I need more attention I will release & reapply as needed.

Husker Red,

You may have an earlier version. After reading your e-mail, I tested mine in the garage. It takes a full 4 seconds to flash 14-16 times [hard to count when they're so quick] in what Kisan calls an "exponential decay rate."

Archived