IGNORED

Spark Plug Cap Puller Tool - Feedback Please

MarcParnes

Hi Guys,

The POS plastic plug cap puller tool that came with my R12GS finally broke yesterday frown.gif I couldn't see spending $41 plus tax and shipping to get a Wunderlich one so I decided to make my own. I was wondering if this might be something you guys would be interested in. It would probably sell for $25 delivered. It would fit all of the R1150 2 Spark heads as well as all of the R1200. Any feedback is appreciated smile.gif

ppside.jpg

ppon.jpg

pphead.jpg

pphand.jpg

Now I am happy I have yet to place my order for a wheel balancer and adjuster ring. If you go into production I will be in the market for one.

Andy

Looks nice, thanks for the pics! Now I will know how to use mine that I paid too much for! 2 weeks ago! Oh well.

Your lucky you even GOT a pos puller, my gs didnt have one at all, I had been using a long wire tie as a puller.

Marc,

Looks good. Have you considered adding a ring or T-handle to add a little pulling aid in removing the plug wire cap? IMHO, this would make the tool complete.

BTW, would this tool fit the R1150 spark plug wire?

Marc,

Looks good. Have you considered adding a ring or T-handle to add a little pulling aid in removing the plug wire cap? IMHO, this would make the tool complete.

Hi Greg,

I'm trying to keep it as simple to make as possible in order to keep the price down. I've tried it a number of times and its easy to hold on to so I don't think you'll need anything else. And yes, this will also work for the R1150 2 Spark plug caps.

Thanks,

Nice work as always Marc.

But for us cheap BMW guys, a screwdriver and a rag work just fine. The lip the pulluer fits into works great for leverage with a screwdriver, and the rag protects the finish on the valve cover.

Jim cool.gif

Marc

I am local and live in H.B. also. I would like to see this tool in the flesh. Where are you located? Send me a PM. And yes I am interested in buying one. I totally agree with a tee handle or a design for extra pulling force vs. just your fingers.

Marc,

Hi Greg,

I'm trying to keep it as simple to make as possible in order to keep the price down. I've tried it a number of times and its easy to hold on to so I don't think you'll need anything else. And yes, this will also work for the R1150 2 Spark plug caps.

Thanks,

Marc,

Maybe a 1/4 inch hole drilled across the diameter to allow the attachment of either a string loop or a screwdriver shaft???

Marc

I am local and live in H.B. also. I would like to see this tool in the flesh. Where are you located? Send me a PM. And yes I am interested in buying one. I totally agree with a tee handle or a design for extra pulling force vs. just your fingers.

I tried the 1/4" hole and it didn't really make it easier. If you put a screwdriver through it it makes it kind of unwieldly. I've tried it a number of times now and it really isn't very difficult. It fits between your two fingers quite nicely so I don't really think anything more is needed. I sent you a PM.

Well I just left Marc's place with my new plug puller in hand. I tried it on his GS before I left a couple of times and it works like a champ. Once I got home I tried it on my RT with the same result. Even though my plug covers were a little tighter than Marc's the product works as advertised. I see no real need to put a hole in if for a screwdriver. It is now safely tucked away in my tool kit. Thanks Marc. Score one for the shade tree mechanic. Cheers and happy wrenching!

i think my factory puller only worked the first time, yeah i think you got a good ideal there Marc...

what i liked about the factory plastic puller was that it fit under the seat with the rest of the tools on my 1100s.

you might want to consider some from of opening to allow a zip tie to attach to the tool kit....

Archived