IGNORED

Headlight adjustment

BikerPhil

Hi Guys

Have 05 1200RT find the headlight setting to low. Anyone done adjustment and were do I find adjuster. Love the bike just done 4000klms and its starting to free up, also thinking of fitting a full staintune exhaust, anyone have one.

R1200RT heated grips and seat, cruise, computer,topbox,clear indicators,radio.

First ride was from Mackay to Rainbow Beach Queensland australia about 1000klms can't keep my backside off the seat, love to ride .

Get a flashlight and shine it under your dash on the right hand side. Do you see the black plastic nut looking thing sticking out? That's what you are looking for.

You are right there are two adjustments. The one on the right is for lateral adjustments and the one on the left is a height adjustment. The one on the left is a screw. Thanks for catching my error. thumbsup.gif

Phil,

Before you go cranking the screws to adjust your headlights, make sure the manual adjuster is in the "standard" position. There is a lever under there that is designed to allow you to aim the headlights lower when loaded with luggage and passenger without using tools. Yours could be in that low position which would require that you simply flip the lever to reaim the headlights. It's described in the owners manual but be aware that mine (and others) have pictures that are backwards. If you do enough squirming around with a flashlight you'll find the lever. Good luck.

And go gently on the adjustment screws. They're just plastic press-fit over a shaft. If you crank them past their stop - maybe because you believed the manual and thought the right one adjusted the vertical dopeslap.gif - they'll twist right off. According to BMW, the fix is to replace the entire headlight.

Hi Guys

Have 05 1200RT find the headlight setting to low. Anyone done adjustment and were do I find adjuster. Love the bike just done 4000klms and its starting to free up, also thinking of fitting a full staintune exhaust, anyone have one.

R1200RT heated grips and seat, cruise, computer,topbox,clear indicators,radio.

First ride was from Mackay to Rainbow Beach Queensland australia about 1000klms can't keep my backside off the seat, love to ride .

Welcome, Phil...

Don't know about headlight adjustment, but I'm interested in your Staintune suggestion. Do they make one for the 12RT? I've always liked the sound of the Staintune pipes, and I'd be interested to know what you think of them if you go that way.

Dave.

Archived