IGNORED

Friday lunch

Marty Hill

Great time/food was very good/the day was perfect. 13 guys and Mark's beautiful child bride showed up. grin.gif

Randy E took some pics.

We need to do this more often. thumbsup.gif

Lone_RT_rider
We need to do this more often. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, if you actually do it sometime when us poor peasants don't have to work, some of us might actually have a chance to show up! crazy.gifdopeslap.gif

Shawn

Great day. Enjoyed meeting all, great day for riding. Sorry there wasn't more time for talk, but it seems the riding conditions were just too good to pass up. I guess Marty and I will get around to talking about airplanes and racing at another time.

Even though I have not been registered on the board long, I have been reading and learning from all of the wisdom that resides on this forum. I appreciate the friendship and respect the members enjoy.

Reports are that none of the local police saw any yellow lines being crossed or speeding violations by the group.

BTW, lunch on weekdays are good for me

George

After lunch 5 of us headed up blood mtn and for some unknown reason I jumped in the lead. I passed an suv just before the passing lane opened up (that is crossing a double yellow)! I was just getting into my rhythm when I noticed the suv was coming up behind me quite rapidly then I noticed some blinking blue lights! Opps I'm toast!!! I immediately pulled over and put my bike on the side stand and started to get off when the leo shouted at me to get back on the bike! I quicky complied! The leo sporting a CORONA baseball cap and wearing a T shirt asked me if I knew that crossing a double yellow was reckless driving and that he could take me to jail pronto! My respnse was yes sir and no sir. He asked me if I had any outstanding warrants and if I had gotten any tickets on this thing. I thought quickly and told him 'one'? He also asked me where I was from and being from the honesty is the best policy school of thought told him 'lanna'. He took my license and when back to the suv and I had some precious moments to reflect on life, what my wife would say and the poor choices I had just made. I took my helmet off cause the only thing I had going for me was my grey hair!!! Maybe I would remind him of dear old Dad? After a few torturous minutes he returned; handed me my license and told me to slow down; told me about all the bikes he had pulled out of the ditches and the innocent people I was endangering and WHAT? I WAS FREE TO GO!!! My riding 'buddies' all members of this board who didn't stop to lend assitance to a fellow rider in need were waiting for me at the top. When Chris K learned I didn't get any tickets he was very dissapointed! Now that is a true friend! To sum it all up the definition of grace is undeserved favor and I sure received a generous quantity today.. God is good! clap.gif

Joel,

Remember you had the option of taking my route back to Atlanta instead of hanging with your outlaw "buddies".

I can pretty much garuuuuuuntee you won't get a ticket for passing on double yellows for 3 reasons.

1. There's almost nobody to pass.

2. There's almost no double yellows, or any paint for that matter.

3. An LEO must be laying low if he's on these roads.

The other option is to let Marty lead lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Sounds like a lot of fun - I won't miss the next one! - I was 'previously committed' to an Alabama ride over to Cheaha . . .as soon as I saw Marty's invite I tried to think of graceful ways to wriggle out of it.

Did 300 miles from Mayretta to Mt Cheaha - great ride, lots of county roads in Alabama - TOO MUCH traffic coming back to Atlanta. And nothing's quite as good as 60 north from Suches.

George,

Since were both retired getting together shouldn't be a big problem. grin.gif Coffee at sbux in the am. Lunch anywhere. thumbsup.gif

Ken,

Since you claim to be my son, any chance of helping dad out with a few bux every month? I may need a better car soon. blush.gif

Joel,

Don't pick on me...I will get even. eek.gif

Ken,

Since you claim to be my son, any chance of helping dad out with a few bux every month? I may need a better car soon. blush.gif

Car? Marty Hill owns a car? Did it rust in the driveway or get towed away as junk?

Lone_RT_rider
Joel,

Don't believe him Joel, he has been making these same threats to me for years.... smile.gif

Shawn

Lunch huh??? Thanx for the invite ya ol bastard. eek.gif

Hey Gleno...... Wanta do a seafood lunch up at Newcomb's today? thumbsup.gif

Hell yes. thumbsup.gif

Right after you come help me with the toy hauler. Faucet install. Awning springs. LP leak. Hot water heater flush. Generator service. Etc.

Gleno,

If I thought you could make it...youda gotten the invite.

Man I gotta head west soon/missin my buds from out there. wave.gif

Joel,

Don't believe him Joel, he has been making these same threats to me for years.... smile.gif

Shawn

But your getting closer now. BEWARE! eek.gif

and Mark's beautiful child bride showed up.

Don't tell me she was throwing temper tantrums again smile.gif

Sorry I couldn't join you guys. What a beautiful day! It was killing me not being able to ride.

Marty thanks for the great idea for lunch yesterday. I Just got back home after a lay over at Randy's last night. Randy and Chris help with a 12K this morning on my RT. Yesterday was great riding, I even got to see Joel sweating a pull over on blood mtn. Man that guy is the teflon kid, no ticket, nada!

What a difference a day makes, hit a line of showers with a cold front behind it on the way home. The temperature dropped a good 25-30 degrees in the space of a few miles. It was a warm and cozy 42 degrees when I got home today.

Alan

Alan,

Glad you had fun. Yes, it got a lot colder this morning. Went home at lunchtime cuz it was getting nasty.

Archived