IGNORED

low seat design

chinist

Can anyone tell me the difference in a standard and low bmw stock seat ? I just bought a supposedly "low" seat off of ebay and darned if I can discern any change in how it feels. The part number on the seat pan is stamped the same. Have I been had or what ?

Can anyone tell me the difference in a standard and low bmw stock seat ? I just bought a supposedly "low" seat off of ebay and darned if I can discern any change in how it feels. The part number on the seat pan is stamped the same. Have I been had or what ?

Hi and welcome to the board.

I think you have fallen foul of a misunderstanding. On the 1100 the 'Standard' seat was the 'Low' seat, with an optional 'Comfort' seat about 1 inch higher. On the 1150 BMW made the 'Comfort' seat the 'Standard' and the 'Low' seat the option leading to all sorts of confusion.

Andy

It would help if you indicated your model and year, but assuming it's an RT, I can say the R12's are difficult to tell high and low seat difference without having them side by side. The essential difference is the low seat has less padding. Again it's not someting you'll easily eyeball so you'll probably have to visit a dealer to compare one of known height. Good luck.

Hmmm.....guess it pays to do a little research BEFORE you get your wallet out. So I now own an extra seat to try and modify to really low-low.

If you remove virtually all the padding from your spare seat you could then put an Airhawk on top. From my experience with one of these on the R1200RT's low seat you would finish up with a low and very comfortable saddle

Archived