IGNORED

The Clutch Destroyer Strikes Again

bmweerman

Ok..this is the third time around for this bit...

Admittedly the 2nd was my fault but nevertheless...

Clutch doing the classic slipping in 5th gear thing and so on..OK no big deal Fridays a day off...have the parts ordered slap that sucker together...well here is what I found.

109345657-M.jpg

109345629-M.jpg

This side of the "sandwich is pretty grooved and there is a ding in it AND if you look closely looks like some stress fractures have developed. bncry.gifbncry.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifeek.gifeek.giffrown.giffrown.gif

What's the next move? Anyway to machine that out or am I buying new parts?

Thanks as always for your help!

bmweerman aka "The Destroyer"

Simple....replace it!

Generally for both cars and bike dry clutches...if you have a single wear item that needs replacing, you replace EVERYTHING thumbsup.gif!

My goodness you sure are becoming proficient at taking the transmission out! Did you replace the pressure plate last time around? If you didn’t, then replace all the clutch components (16) and move on. The pressure plate does look scored up.

Decided not to wait around this time...

Just returned from LA with fresh parts!!!

Now out to the garage to play with MOLY lmao.giflmao.gif

Thanks for the input guys..

and hey if anybody needs their splines lubed or clutch changed..I can disassembe and reassemble and oilhead like nobodys business grin.gif

Out to the garage!!!

and hey if anybody needs their splines lubed or clutch changed..I can disassembe and reassemble and oilhead like nobodys business grin.gif

You are the winner of a free vacation (includes free lodging, food and drink -- not air fare wink.gif) to the Central US in the dead of winter!!

PM me to make final arrangements... thumbsup.gif

Archived