IGNORED

How much for a 2000RT 17K miles.

AviP

I'm thinking of switching to the Kawasaki Concours/ZX14 if it has good reviews and the numbers are right.

I have the special edition RT with painted bags, heated grip and comfort seat. Well maintained, perfect running condition, fully stock, garaged indoors, low miles (I'm ashamed of that attribute). What do you think is a fair price?

Motorcycle Consumer News puts the value of your bike at $7,620. I would check all BMW websites to get an idea of what the value of your bike is compared to others being sold at this time (ie www.ibmwr.org, recycler, cycletrader, this site, etc.). Remember we are in a slower season for selling so you may want to hold onto it till spring.

Alien_Hitchhiker

That new Concours has caught my fancy too and I was giving some thought to selling my RT.

Then I'm out walking the other day and this guy rides by on an airhead with a Krauser fairing and I'm thinking, "What a classy old touring bike, that is just too cool.".

Then I'm thinking, "just a few more years and that's exactly what my 1100RT will be - a classy old bike".

I think I'll keep her.

That new Concours has caught my fancy too and I was giving some thought to selling my RT.

Then I'm out walking the other day and this guy rides by on an airhead with a Krauser fairing and I'm thinking, "What a classy old touring bike, that is just too cool.".

Then I'm thinking, "just a few more years and that's exactly what my 1100RT will be - a classy old bike".

I think I'll keep her.

thumbsup.gif I think your right!

Well I just bought a 97 r1100rtl with stereo, heated grips, top case, russell heated seat, cylinder protectors and only 13,000 miles and garage kept for 5400 dollars. I though that it was an absolute steal though. Check with KBB.com thats a better estimation for price. 8k is way too low for that bike. My 97 booked out at 7200 but that is also the luxury model, the non L model booked out at 6500. Around here in California a 2000 model RT with that mileage would be closer to 10k and they sell about as fast as they go up for sale. good used RT's are a hot item and rare at that.

I think the price is spot on. There are 02's for sale for just above that ($8300 to 8900). No way it would sell for $10,000 unless the purchaser hasn't done thier homework.

Good luck,

Andy

I completely agree regarding the pricing. You can go out and buy an 04 RT for $10K-$11.5K here in Ca. right now. Sellers are getting a little more for the RT's in the southeast (5%-10%).

04'S for 10-11k?????? I am on craigslist every night and I dont see 04's for 10k. If they do then they are 80k mile bikes. 02's are going for around 10-11k but not 04's. The fact that the bike only has 17k miles on it is what is persuading my opinion. JMO thats all. I looked and looked for RT's for a very long time before buying mine and everything around 8k was high mileage. The model year didnt seem to be as big of an influencing factor but a BMW with less than 20k on it is hard to find unless its only a few years old. Heck the 2002 R1100RT(P) with 80k miles at the dealer in rough shape was going for 8k.

Blue Beemer Dude

Mileage doesn't seem to matter a lot when selling/buying an RT, from what I have seen. The 2000 of the OP is pretty low on the farkle content, and that's got to hurt. No PIAA? No GPS, no throttlemeister, no fancy windshield... oh my gawd! A stock BMW. Who would have thunk it? smirk.gif

I think 8K is a fair price. With the low mileage, it could probably fetch a little more, but it will just take that much longer to sell.

I also disagree that it's the wrong time to sell it. With the great weather protection of the RT, it is a year-round bike (for those of us fortunate enough not to live in Nebraska).

Not that there's anything wrong with Nebraska. Or Nebraskaites. Nebraskaians. Whatever. tongue.gif

Michael

I think $8200-ish is about right for a stocker Y2KRTSE with very low miles, depending on the local region's economy/market. And I think there's no bad season to sell an RT, whose buyers most likely ride year round.

I think I'll keep her.

Spot on! And once it gets to be worth less than 5K (3 more years probably), that "classy old bike feeling" is worth more to me anyway! Thanks for the awakening.

Archived