IGNORED

Left Cam Chain tensioner on my RT

sonofdennis

I put in my left cam chain tensioner last night. I put in the "new" set using the part numbers Bill quoted.

11317656922 Piston

11317688629 Cylinder

I also went from 20-50 syn to 15-50 syn oil. And readjusted the valves.Wow in my case all the noises I was annoyed with are totally gone. I am real happy with the result.

However I have a question based on observation: since the new piston does not have the blood groove in the piston for oil to exit, could the new tensioner over compress cam chain at operating speeds from higher oil pressure?

Alan

It's my way to always go the long way, I always learn from the journey. Bummer is I always find more questions than answers. The harder the head the harder the penetration.

Alan

I put in my left cam chain tensioner last night. I put in the "new" set using the part numbers Bill quoted.

11317656922 Piston

11317688629 Cylinder

I also went from 20-50 syn to 15-50 syn oil. And readjusted the valves.Wow in my case all the noises I was annoyed with are totally gone. I am real happy with the result.

However I have a question based on observation: since the new piston does not have the blood groove in the piston for oil to exit, could the new tensioner over compress cam chain at operating speeds from higher oil pressure?

Alan

Alan, those are the very same parts used on the 1200 Boxer in production now so they should have been thoroughly tested by time & use..

Twisty

Archived