IGNORED

Am selling my RT. How much?

chrisstroh

Alas, I'm parting with my beloved 2002 RT linked abs, new clutch, newer tires, 49k miles. In very good condition. It's got the techlusion and the Cee Baily 4" taller windshield. I put it on Craig's list asking $7800. Someone came and rode it and is offering $7100.

What would be a fair price for my bike? crazy.gif I'm in Northern California.

Thanks guys!

Chris

Rich06FJR1300

i'd take that...you've got some high mileage and the book values are all based on the average mileage for 4 years (typically 24k). MCN has it at 8,340.

Well, how much are other bikes similiar to yours going for. Check Cycle Trader, the ibmwr.org, this forum of course.

I think it seems a little low, but it depends on how bad you want to sell it. I usually sell a bit low just to be done with it.

Yankee Dog

I'd say considering the miles and the time of year you should probably take it. If you waited for the Spring you might squeeze 8K. For comparison, I bought a pristine 2000 with Ohlins and only 10,600 miles for $7900 in August. If you had low miles you might get close to 9K for a 2002 (in the Spring, not now). There's enough low mileage samples out there that high mileage bikes can be tough to sell.

Why don't you make a counter offer at $7.5K or split the difference? I bet the potential buyer is thinking along those lines. Seems a fair compromise to me. As recommended check the various websites for comparable bikes/mileage and pricing.

Congratulations on your sale! I had a feeling that is what the buyer was thinking. Sounds like a win win for both of you. Now complete the sale and enjoy the weekend.

Archived