IGNORED

Anyone using a Nolan helmet N102?

milesandmiles

Never had an N100E, but now use an N102. I like it a lot. As a glasses wearer, the flip face is really nice and convenient. The helmet is pretty quiet, but not as much as my regular full face (Arai Astral). It was a bit tough to put Autocom speakers and microphone into, but (with the help of this forum) can be done without too much trouble. Don't know if the new Bluetooth option will be worth it, though.

I've had my 102 for about 6 months now. I'm more or less happy with it. It's the first flip face I've had, having always shy-ed away from them because of them being nosier. And in that area I'm still a bit disappointed. I like the way the mechanism works, and the outside movable sun visor. The chin damn wouldn't work with my boom mike though. Air flow seems maybe a bit better than some of the other helmets I've had. Comfort wise for me it's been great.

BluegrassPicker

More room in the chin than the 100.

I left the chin air shield on all summer - it really helps with noise. I went from an HJC XL to a L in the 102, and it has broken in nicely. I put the interior fog shield on a couple of months ago and haven't removed it since. Used some small dabs of hot melt glue to keep the autocom speakers from moving.

I've had the 102 for around 7 or 8 months now and I find it very comfortable. I've never had the 100E so I can't compare the two. I've never been bothered much by noise so I'm not a good gauge there either. My biggest concern was comfort and I've been very happy in that regard.

Don't know about the 100E but overall I like the 102. Ken's comment about noise holds for me too. The wind dam doesn't appear to do much but it is a good solid helmet with good mechanics. IMO the external visor is not good in that the face shield must be down to use the visor. Some visors on other helmets can be down with the face shield up, a plus IMO. With the sun visor up, you get some buffeting and the thing catches bugs. It is easily removeable though.

Archived