IGNORED

battery powered heated gloves

MWS

Has anyone tried these?

The wife gets cold hands this time of year, and HD wants $226 for heated grips, and $165 for their 'lectric gloves.

Did a online look see and there is a slew of 'em out there for 20 to 40 bucks, powered by D or C cells.

Tanks in advance!

A friend of mine bought a pair at an Army surplus type store. They were junk, and not made for motorcycling. He has since bought Gerbings gloves and liner and is now very happy. Spend the money. You will be satisfied.

I have heated gloves (Gerbings), but I really hate to wear all those things with wires. I'm normally sensitive to cold, too, living with Raynauds since I was a kid.

My solution is to make sure my torso is always warm, and having tried all the different brands, I'm set on Gerbings. That keeps my body core warm, sending blood to the extremeties. When your hands are cold, it's your body telling you that it can't spare the extra warm blood out there and it selfishly keeps it in the core.

If you decide to go with heated gloves, you might try a good pair of non-electric gloves, first, and use those little chemical packets that produce heat for hours. That's less work than all the wires.

Thanks, that's what I thought. The 'lectric gloves are probably the was to go.

The heated grips for her HD have the control knob at the end of the grip, which means the $30 little piece of chrome at the end of the grip can't be used, and we can't take chrome off a Harley, can we?

gerbings jacket liner and G3 gloves... riding into the atlanta tech daze late it was 30 degrees and I only got chilled when I stopped for gas!

If you decide to go with heated gloves, you might try a good pair of non-electric gloves, first, and use those little chemical packets that produce heat for hours. That's less work than all the wires.

We were at our local ski area's swap meet in October, and a vender was passing those chemical heat packets like candy ( first one is free, heh,heh!). For two days, everytime we walk by he would give them to us, so we snagged about 8 packets! Well worth a try.

This is a cost effective thing, since she doesn't ride to much when temps get below 50 degrees, and spending a couple of hundred seems silly. Although, it may cause her to ride more in cooler weather!

One option would be to get her some mittens. They are much more effective at keeping hands warm than gloves. Passengers dont really need gloves. But for $20 why not give the battery powered gloves a try. If they dont do the job you are not out a ton on money.

On the other hand my Gerbing liner is the BEST accessory I have ever purchased. The missus lovers hers and she lovers her Gerbing gloves as well. We ride in temps down into the 20s with them.

Yankee Dog

..... Passengers dont really need gloves.

Yankee Dog

She rides her own.

Thanks Dog, for reminding me of the mitten thing. My bro inlaw, a Valkyre rider has those snowmobile "mittens" or whatever they are called that attach to the handle bars, and he seems to like 'em.

Get her decent gloves, and hand guards, since I think I saw a post that indicated she rides her own bike. Also, consider the warmer packets that generate heat for about 6-8 hrs along with the little wrist wraps that hold same. Amazingly effective, keeps the blood flow slightly warmer to the hands/fingers. Used them on a bike without hand guards in 20 degree temps. Worked great. May seem hokey but it is effective.

Archived