IGNORED

starcom with flip up helmet?

flounder

We received a starcom system as a wedding present and it came with the full faace headsets. I tried to check there site and it said 75% use thatr set with a flip up but neither the site or the directi0ons could tell me how. so if anyone has done this i would appreciate some guidance.

thanks

The Starcom1 headsets work fine with a flip up helmet. I have installed them in a couple different helmets using the stick on microphone to the chin bar. When installing, leave enough slack for the microphone wire when the chin bar is up, and it just hangs down when closed.

I have a System V BMW helmet and my Starcom dealer swapped the button mike for an open face boom mike, which is better to use without the extra wire getting caught when you shut the chin bar down, also you can still use the intercom with the chin bar in the up postion.

Darren

I too had my Starcom originally with a full face mike as reccomended by Starcom. I stuck it to the chin bar, with enough slack to raise the flip, but was concerned about getting the wire trapped.

Starcom were nice enough to exchange it for a boom type. This is my preference now with any flip helmet/intercom option.

If your not comfortable with the full face mike, ask Starcom if they will exchange it?

I too had my Starcom originally with a full face mike as reccomended by Starcom. I stuck it to the chin bar, with enough slack to raise the flip, but was concerned about getting the wire trapped.

Starcom were nice enough to exchange it for a boom type. This is my preference now with any flip helmet/intercom option.

If your not comfortable with the full face mike, ask Starcom if they will exchange it?

How is the boom mike attached to the helmet? Is it glued in?

How is the boom mike attached to the helmet? Is it glued in?

On mine, it slid between the cheek pad and the helmet shell. Then you just bend it to suit. I just left it pushed in, didn't bother using anything else to hold it in place since its a very snug fit and I can't see it going anywhere.

Archived