IGNORED

TO ALL ST, RT, GT, S, R, riders!

bmwsoldat

greetings! clap.gif

I am looking at covering the hole in the swing arm. tongue.gif

i have seen all differant types out there was looking for a good work around. confused.gif

so waddya say? dopeslap.gif

Do you mean the hole in the final drive?

I thought having it open promoted cooling.

look here http://www.bmwsantacruz.com/Merchant2/index.html

BMW of Sant Acuz 'Tornado' final drive hub cover

no i mean right about the foot peg. has three hex/torx head screws. you know the one the its fillled in by the nice plastic cover on the LEFT side. i guess bmer ran out of right side only covers! lmao.gif

Wunderlich (from BMW Santa Cruz) also sells a separate cover for that right side frame point. As does Touratech - www.touratech-usa.com

Wunderlich also sells a pair of frame covers that look like this:

102702757-M.jpg

thumbsup.gif

Got another question, what if at all or any items that are compatiable with all those bikes? like as an example; the cap.

i will say thanks.

i have been checking the sites out and was wondering more of what others are doing. what worked what didnt.whats cheap and whats WOW that was pricey!

no i mean right about the foot peg. has three hex/torx head screws. you know the one the its fillled in by the nice plastic cover on the LEFT side. i guess bmer ran out of right side only covers! lmao.gif

Yeah, what's up with that anyway?! Is there some "real" reason for leaving it uncapped? I questioned everyone at the dealership when I picked up my R12ST. confused.gif Just a lot of head scratching. It would look much cleaner with a nice cap like the left side.

Wunderlich (from BMW Santa Cruz) also sells a separate cover for that right side frame point. As does Touratech - www.touratech-usa.com

Wunderlich also sells a pair of frame covers that look like this:

Somehow its being held on by a bunch of plastic cable ties, blows the whole image!

Yeah, what's up with that anyway?! Is there some "real" reason for leaving it uncapped? I questioned everyone at the dealership when I picked up my R12ST. confused.gif Just a lot of head scratching. It would look much cleaner with a nice cap like the left side.

I too wondered why BMW provided a plastic cap on one side, and no cap on the other side.

In late September, I sent an e-mail to BMW Santa Cruz inquiring about when some of the new Wundelich products for the R12ST would become available here (including Wunderlich's frame caps). Here is the information:

R12ST Swingarm Pivot Covers

Left side, Part No. 8500212, $34.95, In stock now (Same as R1200GS)

Right side, Part No. 8500213, $34.95 Not yet available, November 2006 (unique to R1200 ST)

I also inquired about several other R12ST-specific items:

R12ST Final Drive Bolt Plug

8161430 $42.00 In stock now

R12ST Oil Cooler Grill

8500146 $74.95 Not yet available, November 2006

I hope these new items become available soon.

I too wondered why BMW provided a plastic cap on one side, and no cap on the other side.

In late September, I sent an e-mail to BMW Santa Cruz inquiring about when some of the new Wundelich products for the R12ST would become available here (including Wunderlich's frame caps). Here is the information:

R12ST Swingarm Pivot Covers

Left side, Part No. 8500212, $34.95, In stock now (Same as R1200GS)

Right side, Part No. 8500213, $34.95 Not yet available, November 2006 (unique to R1200 ST)

I also inquired about several other R12ST-specific items:

R12ST Final Drive Bolt Plug

8161430 $42.00 In stock now

R12ST Oil Cooler Grill

8500146 $74.95 Not yet available, November 2006

I hope these new items become available soon.

clap.gif

yeah! glad to hear i am not the only one going HUH? confused.gif

i like me r12st. do you think that they maybe put the guy that was suppsoed to put the right side cap on, on vaction? and thats the REAL reason that there is no cap on the right side. and since that happen bmer might have said, oops. i guess we should put them on next years model. tongue.gif

anyway.. i am either going with either wunderlich or tourtech both have a nice set. not sure if i want it to be black to blend with frame or go the polished look. i might just get both and see then retunr the other pair. thumbsup.gif

Archived