IGNORED

autocomm conversion question

Motorradmark

Ok. I have a 5pin autocomm pro7 and want to covert my mic to a throat mike for better/clearer transmission. The mics I am looking at all have 1 pin plugs. Does anyone know of an adaptor to connect autocom plug to 1 pin headsets or mics?

I thought I remember seeing such a device at the rally in Lima, supporting custom earplug/speakers with single pin plugs.

Appreciate the assist and info.

s/f

• 4 months later...

Just curious to know if you found out a way to do this. I would like to do the same thing, replace the current autocom mike with a throat mike.

Jim

Ok. I have a 5pin autocomm pro7 and want to covert my mic to a throat mike for better/clearer transmission.

First, I think you have a conflict in terms. If you have a 5-pin Autocom, it is a Pro-M1 or earlier. If you have a Pro-7, then it is a 7-pin Autocom. Just be sure you get the correct diagram before you start slicin' n' dicin' on the wires.

As for throat mics, I've yet to encounter one that works anywhere near as well as the Autocom mic does when properly installed, positioned, adjusted and shielded.

Best of luck and please keep us informed.

Archived