IGNORED

Those mirrors

beemeruser

My 1100 RT mirrors are very slack-I don't seem to be able to identify the fittings-little multi tabbed things with wire round them,or the posts(?) they go onto,which seem detachable.Have I really got to buy new mirrors?Security wires are fine-but next time these babies come off when I remove the tupperware I think they won't fit on at all they are so loose.Any ideas?

My 1100 RT mirrors are very slack-I don't seem to be able to identify the fittings-little multi tabbed things with wire round them,or the posts(?) they go onto,which seem detachable.Have I really got to buy new mirrors?Security wires are fine-but next time these babies come off when I remove the tupperware I think they won't fit on at all they are so loose.Any ideas?

The base plate is spared seperately - item 8 on this diagram.

r1100rt(96-00)143.gif

Andy

The 'wire' wrapped around the multi tabbed retainers on the mirror base plate is actually supposed to be a spring steel circlip.

It might be worth trying to find replacements for these to restore the tension in the clips?

Eckhard Grohe

I have, in the past, taken needle nose pliers and formed the fingers to grip tighter. Also compressed the wire clip to make things tighter.

Archived