IGNORED

BMW Traveller Jacket

kenpok1200

Does anyone out there have a BMW Traveller's Jacket? If so, can you tell me what your experience has been with it? Is it adequate in winter? Waterproof? Does it breathe well? etc..... I have been searching for reviews on this product and can't seem to find anything.... Would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Laura, I hope you get some proper answers to your question, as I have not actually owned this model. The Traveller Jacket was phased out in Europe at the end of the 2004 season - so there are some good bargains to be had on old stock. Most folks buy complete suits, so Jackets on their own tend to be "orphans" - as there were never Traveller trousers. It came in unisex sizes rather than separate mens and womens cuts.

It was an entry-level jacket in BMW terms (about $400 incl. our 17.5% sales tax) with a waterproof, Venturi breathable membrane rather than genuine Goretex as found on the more expensive jackets. Other very popular suits in the BMW range used this membrane. It should be supplied with a thermal zip-in liner and possibly a back protector as well.

For the money it will not perform miracles - you might want a thin mesh jacket for the summer heat and a heated waistcoat if it snows. If I did not have a perfectly serviceable BMW jacket that is still waterproof after 5 years, I would consider a Traveller if the price was right.

I do hope this helps a little.

Good luck.

I have the traveler jacket, In my opinion it's a good early spring or late fall jacket but not good for temps below say mid to lower 40s. The main draw back is it's length. With out the liner it works well in the WV summers and even handle rain well. It's lite and comfortable, if it's in the 80's or above I wear it but anything below I grab the Tourmaster 3/4, It's been down in the 30's here and I don't even have the liner in it yet. Overall I like it and the price was good, but I'm glad that it's not my only choice. Hope this helps.

The main draw back is it's length.

I can imagine that. My BMW jacket is of a similar, short length and it would be draughty in the cold if it was not zipped (full-length zip) to the trousers. The Traveller has a short zip to prevent the rear riding up.

Thanks for the info guys. I purchased a traveller off of ebay for a male friend. The ad said it was unisex, bu the zipper is on the left, which I thought was a ladie's feature.... Anybody out there know for sure?

zipper on my savannah II is on the left. dont know for sure, but i think all the jackets may be that way. only thing i don't like about it is the zipper.

The ad said it was unisex, bu the zipper is on the left, which I thought was a ladie's feature

Laura, zipper on the left in Europe and on all the male and female BMW Jackets that I own - 7 in all - 5 male & 2 female.

Ahhh. Okay. Other than getting used to the zipper it seems like a good deal. Paid 150.00 for it, so he can probably sell it for about that much if it doesn't suit him. Maybe we can get a ride in this weekend so he can try it out! Thanks for the input. smile.gif This gear stuff gets confusing sometimes. Too many choices! dopeslap.gif

Archived