IGNORED

Rear Pre-load R1150RT question

g_nuse

The BMW Rider's Manual leaves quite a bit to be desired, certainly on this subject. It tells you where to set it, with no explanations. I'm guessing it's not that simple. I found where you want the spring to sag about 1/4 to 1/3 of it's total travel. It would be nice if someone could tell me what that total travel might be or where to look for that info. I am also wondering if the preload can be changed with the rider on the bike on the ground or should it be put back on the center stand, changed, the set back down and remeasured.

I know this has been covered, but I couldn't find a couple of details, like total travel. Thanks for any help.

Go to Ohlins USA and read thru this manual, it'll give you all you need to know.

There are no adjustments for the front on the OEM shocks, but it'll help with rear preloading and an good understanding of it all. thumbsup.gif

A good rule of thumb is 30% laden sag. This includes you, your gear and whatever you are carrying. You can adjust it on or off the stand just bounce a few times to settle the suspension after the adjustment & before the measurement. Of course someone else will have to measure while you are sitting on the bike. thumbsup.gif

Archived