IGNORED

Ramada Inn

DavidEBSmith

DavidEBSmith

Passing the word along from Jake:

In reply to:

I just got off the phone with Teresa, the new owner at the Ramada Inn (970) 641-2804. She agrees to honor our reservations at the price quoted at the time they were made. I believe many of us were on that list, so I wanted to mention it here first. She knows that we will vote with our feet otherwise, and has ok'd me to put the word out to our group.

I know some people were unhappy that the Ramada was not going to honor the reserved prices, but it looks like they're willing to do the right thing by us, so we should do the right thing by them. If you have reservations at multiple hotels, to be fair to one of them (and to open up some rooms for people like me who won't know until the last minute if they're going) you might consider cancelling your spare reservation sooner rather than later.

Good point, David. I've got a room at Ramada and another at the Comfort Inn. I think I'm going to give up the Ramada room right now. See the "I've Got a Room. . ." Thread.

which is better, The Ramada or the super 8.

I have reservations at both since Ramada pissed me off.

Which one has the large breasted women by the pool ???

inquiring minds want to know???

• 2 weeks later...

I just "penciled in" myself and spouse on the survey.

Never been to Gunnison.

Don't have a clue on the motels.

Staying at least Sunday night, and maybe Monday night.

Questions;

1. Is Jake the point person on the Ramada?

2. Is it perceived that lodging will be scarce?

3. Should I just go ahead and try to book a room myself?

We're also visiting/staying with sister in Castle Rock, but I'm thinking the 2 1/2 hour commute to Gunnison would tedious.

It's going to be great!

Thanks!

which is better, The Ramada or the super 8.

I have reservations at both since Ramada pissed me off.

Which one has the large breasted women by the pool ???

Which one is closer to the KOA so I can drag my drunk butt home on foot!

That's a pretty good call Der WurtMeister. I hear the Ramada is closer, but will be perpetually smothered with the blue haze of multiple stinky ceegars.

Well, I just checked with ramada, and they are going to honor the rate. It appears that I will be able to make it with my wonderful co-rider. We will be arriving Sunday afternoon and staying until Wed morning. Looking forward to meeting ya'll there!

Seriously, what's the appeal for the Ramada?

Sounds like it is the closest to the KOA, but is there another aspect?

I haven't called any motels yet, but at least on the internet, it seems that there is some availability at other places as well.

(I know, I'd better call soon)

Thanks

Hi Gary -

No special appeal at all. The reason you see it mentioned is that there was a fracas about Ramada changing the rates on us after we booked the place. They fixed the error, and we're all easing back down from DEFCON 5 (we were thinking of TP'ing the place) in response.

Large breasted Harley women have volunteered to help us clean our bikes and tend to our every little need , compliments of the Ramada after the pricing mess up.

Agent 86 and myself have the room closest to the spa tongue.gif

It was very nice of the Ramada to stand behind their original quotes. I may still pee in their pool though.

I may still pee in their pool though. color=blue>

shocked.gif Hmmm.... Me and the Monkey may be giving up our reservation there...

Rumor has it that Laney made special arrangements to get the room right next to my brother and I.

Secretly she wants to peek in on me because she hasn't met Agent 86 and has already heard he isn't as fortunate as myself in the looks department tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

In reply to:

Rumor has it that Laney made special arrangements to get the room right next to my brother and I.

Well, now that I've seen a Wurty preview over on the Main Board "Best under-garment wear for HOT Weather? " I'm kind of thinking of talking to the Manager seeing where the best Wurty view spot would be... tongue.gif

Brant Herbert

anyone know just how far the Ramada is from the KOA festivities area ? color=blue>

Looks to be about 0.75 miles, with an airport runway to end around. Gunnison Map

PhillyFlash

In reply to:

anyone know just how far the Ramada is from the KOA festivities area ?

Riding, walking, or crawling?

russell_bynum

In reply to:

Riding, walking, or crawling?

If Dickie is bringing his special Bourbon (Not F***ing hooch!), that would be crawling, for sure.

Archived